Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Default MIDI I/O not working with PT TDM 7.2

MIDI I/O with Roland keyboard connnected to MIDI in does not send MIDI messages to Protoools. MIDI I/O and Roland keyboard apppear in AMS. MIDI I/O ports and Roland keyboard appear as MIDI input devices on MIDI track in Protools. MIDI track in record or record ready is not receiving MIDI information from Roland keyboard. MIDI in activity light is flashing on the MIDI i/O front panel coresponding to the port the keyboard is connnected to. All MIDI out activity lights are flashing on I/O with the exception of the one the keyboard is attached to. The 'Online' indicator light on the I/O is NOT lit.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I have loaded MIDI I/O driver installler 33643 (latest and greatest from Digi website).

I haven't used my MIDI stuff in a year. I've upgraded PT at least once since the last time I used it, so I'm not sure at what point in the timeline my MIDI functionality ceased to function.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: MIDI I/O not working with PT TDM 7.2

Latest update.

I folllowed Digi's instructions to trash PT and AMS preferences. This did not solve the problem. It did lead to an observation. The online LED on the MIDI I/O comes on when I open AMS but goes out as soon as I exit the program. PT does not initiate the online LED when I start up the app.

This is getting weird.