How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Default New to S6L Monitor Engineer Questions

I’m going to be starting a tour next week mixing monitors on the S6L. I’ve read the manual cover to cover, but still have a few questions since I won’t get my hands on one until we start teching. If anyone can shed a little light on these for me, I’d appreciate it.

1. Is there still only one Custom User Layout available without loading a new preset? I’d love to be able to fill up my Soft Keys with a bunch of custom layouts and essentially use them as mix Solo keys with their own layouts. (pg 75) It sounds like the new Spill mode might be a way to replicate this.

2. Attention vs. Select - The way I understand it, Attention is essentially a secondary select that allows me to view one channel on the external screen, separately from another one that I might have Selected and am viewing on the CTM. Is there any other significant difference beyond that? (pg 82)

3. Once I set up my Flex channel assignments to be Mon A & B (Wedges & Ears), I don’t want an Attentioned channel to take over the the first Flex channel. Does my setting on the Interaction tab override the default action of the Attentioned channel showing up on Flex channel 1. (pg. 291)

4. If I have to reset a CTM, does it interrupt audio, or is it similar to resetting the Profile surface and safe to do while a show is running? (pg 335)

5. Can I set up the system with more channels than I have physical preamps (like I could on the Profile)?

6. Are there any known bugs or things I should check after I transfer my show file from a Profile/SC48 to the S6L?

7. Has anyone tried recording to Waves Tracks live with the Ethernet output?

Thanks.