Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 AM

Default I cannot create a new session, I am not allowed to save in external fw800 drive

I am trying to create a new session on an external drive, I have done this hundreds times but now i get this warning
: cound not create new document because you d not have appropriate access privileges (-5000)..

If a save on internal drive, works, how can i solve this?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:36 AM

Default Re: I cannot create a new session, I am not allowed to save in external fw800 drive

Are you on mac or windows?
On mac try repairing disk permissions using the disk utility.
Also go to workspace and make sure, the disk is record enabled.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 AM

Exclamation Re: I cannot create a new session, I am not allowed to save in external fw800 drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
On mac try repairing disk permissions using the disk utility.
There is no chance on this Earth that repairing disk permissions will solve this problem. Repairing disk permissions only solves problems on the startup volume. Permissions issues on volumes other than the startup volume will not be fixed by repairing disk permissions.

If you are using a Mac, select the volume you cannot save your sessions to and press Command+I. In the Sharing & Permissions section of that window, there is a checkbox to Ignore ownership on this volume. Is that checkbox enabled?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:40 AM

Default Re: I cannot create a new session, I am not allowed to save in external fw800 drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
There is no chance on this Earth that repairing disk permissions will solve this problem. Repairing disk permissions only solves problems on the startup volume. Permissions issues on volumes other than the startup volume will not be fixed by repairing disk permissions.

If you are using a Mac, select the volume you cannot save your sessions to and press Command+I. In the Sharing & Permissions section of that window, there is a checkbox to Ignore ownership on this volume. Is that checkbox enabled?
no, it is not enabled.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 AM

Lightbulb Re: I cannot create a new session, I am not allowed to save in external fw800 drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidav View Post
no, it is not enabled.
Please enable that checkbox and let us know what happens.