Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Options for CR pot and Master Fader

Love that we can now assign a Master Fader to the CR pot with 2018.7!

Couple of things.

1) on my Artist Control, if that Master Fader channel is not on the touchscreen, there is nothing that indicates the level you are twisting to. Maybe there could be some selectable options:
-if the CR control option is on a Master Fader, bank to that Master Fader when the CR is touched, a la the same option via touchscreen or fader pack
-for the Master Fader to stay locked as an available track on the touchscreen/fader pack to indicate level when the CR option is selected on that track in the session (I believe this is currently an option SEPARATE from the CR assignment)
-maybe the level can momentarily appear on the touchscreen when the control is moved, reverting to "normal display" some period of time (half a second? a second? immediately?) after the knob is no longer touched?

2) pushing the knob puts the fader at the bottom (no output). Cool. Is there also another "reset" option but to set it to zero instead, as you can with shift-touching faders (I tried that and it doesn't work)? There is this thread for the dock: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...90#post2495790 but where is the "option click" option on an Artist Control?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Avid

Default Re: Options for CR pot and Master Fader

I think the best option for 1 would to display it on the screen all the time - but you know what I'm going to say about timing.
For 2 I think resetting to 0 is a dangerous thing and could blast some peoples monitors (depending on their setup)
Old 08-03-2018, 06:11 PM

I think we agree on 1)... on all accounts...

Regarding 2), I saw your post in the other thread about that. Fair. But there’s an option for that with the Dock, apparently with an “option press”. So maybe it should never be the MAIN option as a failsafe, but at least with a modifier (shift, since there’s not “option” on the Artist Control?) it would take some serious effort to accidentally reset to unity... and blow your speakers...
Old 08-09-2018, 06:18 PM

So... something equivalent to Dock control, or...?
Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Any ideas on how the same functionality of “option click” to zero on the Dock is done on an Artist Control, especially with no metering on the Artist Control to check?