Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Default Fast Track Problems, Please Help!

Hello, I've just about exhausted my options and patience trying to get this thing to work, so I thought I'd finally come here and see if I could get some help from the professionals.

I recently received an M-Audio Fast Track as a gift. The problem is, I can't get it running! I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I had to download the m-audio driver offline and so I grabbed the Fast Track USB 6.06 driver off this site. I install it and it seems to complete okay. The thing is, when I plug in Fast Track, windows attempts to install a driver and fails. When I go look to see what devices are plugged in the Fast Track shows up but says that no drivers are installed for it. I can see the fast track icon in my system tray, and can open it, but it says it's not connected and everything is greyed out. I've tried other usb ports, and it's the same thing. It's like the drivers are not installing. Any ideas? Because this is so frustrating!!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Problems, Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabukibear View Post
Hello, I've just about exhausted my options and patience trying to get this thing to work, so I thought I'd finally come here and see if I could get some help from the professionals.

I recently received an M-Audio Fast Track as a gift. The problem is, I can't get it running! I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I had to download the m-audio driver offline and so I grabbed the Fast Track USB 6.06 driver off this site. I install it and it seems to complete okay. The thing is, when I plug in Fast Track, windows attempts to install a driver and fails. When I go look to see what devices are plugged in the Fast Track shows up but says that no drivers are installed for it. I can see the fast track icon in my system tray, and can open it, but it says it's not connected and everything is greyed out. I've tried other usb ports, and it's the same thing. It's like the drivers are not installing. Any ideas? Because this is so frustrating!!
The simplest explanation is you have the drivers for the wrong model interface. There are multiple different "Fast Track" interfaces, what exact model do you have. Look carefully at the label/packaging and photos online.

Darryl
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 PM

Also boot your PC with the fast track already plugged in. As Darryl said make sure you have the proper drivers
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 AM

It just says M-Audio Fast Track...
part number ML03-00454

looks like this one:

I downloaded the 6.06 driver for windows found here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ck-USB-Drivers
Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 AM

Also, make sure you are not using USB 3 ports to connect the Fast Track.

Joel

Home:
Intel S5000PSL / 2 x Xeon E5450 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 Pro
Pro Tools 12 HD / M-Audio Project Mix IO

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Fender Mustang V 412 / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 AM

That is a 2nd generation Fast Track, aka Fast Track II, but often just called a Fast Track. The driver you linked to is the correct one. I was more concerned you may have a newer model Fast Track Solo or Duo.

Disconnect the FastTrack USB cable. Physically disconnect as many other USB devices as you can. Uninstall the FastTrack driver. Reboot. Install the driver again. Reboot. Connect the FastTrack. Does that work?

Darryl
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM

It works now! I did all you said and tore apart my room and found the old installation disk. Turns out the driver included on the disk was 6.06 and after I installed it it works perfectly! Thanks for all your help!

Now, I have another issue...that is somewhat related, should I start a new thread about it or can I ask it in here?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 AM

ask here, especially if it is related at all.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Just a heads up, this post solved a problem I was having installing the software for the Fast Track II

thanks