Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-04-2016, 04:59 PM
unkJE unkJE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
imho 12.5 is the update to 12.4 ...
You’re right – but only for the early-adopters who subsequently purchased an Update Plan, or the late-adopters who got 12.5 because their Plan ended after the release date of 12.5

However, the early-adopters who did not purchase an Update Plan are left with a product (12.4) which may have the potential to cause severe hearing damage (according to the Noise Blasts Thread).

The consequences of not fixing 12.4 could be disastrous.

It’s obvious that the vast majority of people here just want a fix – not a refund. Especially if they’re "in a relationship" with Pro Tools!

That’s why I think Avid will do the right thing (12.4.1)
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 12.5.1 HD - Studio One 4 Pro - Win10 64 Pro – Lenovo W520 ThinkPads & 433830U Docks – Mbox 3 Pro - Axiom Pro 49 - AIR Mini 32
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,753
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

i completely understand what you are saying .. this is a bit of a Quandry for Avid .. this could turn into there be quite a few more new version this way

OR

they just say .. "Sorry Charlie" but you let your subscription run out .. pay up and you get the fixes ..

what happens when the people that stop paying a=with 12.5 - and there are fixes needed but now you have to have 12.5.1 ,,, 12.6.1, etc etc ..

this is getting stupid .. Avid is going to bury themselves in Versions .. i Vote for the Sorry Charlie response .. i do not mean i vote for it .. i just see it going that way .. sorry about that ..


Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
You’re right – but only for the early-adopters who subsequently purchased an Update Plan, or the late-adopters who got 12.5 because their Plan ended after the release date of 12.5

However, the early-adopters who did not purchase an Update Plan are left with a product (12.4) which may have the potential to cause severe hearing damage (according to the Noise Blasts Thread).

The consequences of not fixing 12.4 could be disastrous.

It’s obvious that the vast majority of people here just want a fix – not a refund. Especially if they’re "in a relationship" with Pro Tools!

That’s why I think Avid will do the right thing (12.4.1)
__________________
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33ghz (2012) 24gb ram 256gb SSD -OS 10.12.6 for PT 11.3.2 & 2019.6 last version
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2016, 05:37 PM
unkJE unkJE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
"Sorry Charlie" but you let your subscription run out .. pay up and you get the fixes .. what happens when the people that stop paying a=with 12.5 - and there are fixes needed but now you have to have 12.5.1 ,,, 12.6.1, etc etc ..

I'm taking about Perpetual licenses. For those here stuck on 12.4

A Perpetual license (whatever its number) that can be used safely, without the fear of potential ear damage.
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 12.5.1 HD - Studio One 4 Pro - Win10 64 Pro – Lenovo W520 ThinkPads & 433830U Docks – Mbox 3 Pro - Axiom Pro 49 - AIR Mini 32
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:06 PM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 13,705
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierryhenry View Post
My main question is, is there going to be another bug fix update for PT12.4?

Anyone know if that's it for 12.4 or if one more update is on the cards?


Seriously? 12.5 is the update and you only get it with a current subscription, unfortunately
__________________
Daniel
HDX - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro (v1709)- 6 Core i7-6850k - ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2016, 05:22 AM
thierryhenry thierryhenry is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London
Posts: 121
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Seriously? 12.5 is the update and you only get it with a current subscription, unfortunately
If my perpetual 12.4 version still has noise blasts then yes, 'seriously'.

I'm not even bothered about anything else. Just knowing my ears are safe when clients want to hear their material loud is all I was alluding to.

Not asking for the world is it?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 AM
hooksound hooksound is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 240
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
i completely understand what you are saying .. this is a bit of a Quandry for Avid .. this could turn into there be quite a few more new version this way

OR

they just say .. "Sorry Charlie" but you let your subscription run out .. pay up and you get the fixes ..

what happens when the people that stop paying a=with 12.5 - and there are fixes needed but now you have to have 12.5.1 ,,, 12.6.1, etc etc ..

this is getting stupid .. Avid is going to bury themselves in Versions .. i Vote for the Sorry Charlie response .. i do not mean i vote for it .. i just see it going that way .. sorry about that ..
Correct. Release nightmare. Who should have fixes? Who should have features? Only way to run this could be via the licenses, but that's probably not an easy solution either. This could very well be why they have finally stated that no one gets anything after plan expiration. See first link in Jeffros comment here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379486
__________________
Pro Tools 10.3.10, Cubase Artist 7.5.40, Allen & Heath Qu-16, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2G, Fujitsu Lifebook AH532, Intel Core i7-3612QM, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:42 AM
unkJE unkJE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Please remember: Avid set the Time-lines to “get on board” back in 2014.

It seems like it’s been one big dress-rehearsal from then until now.

I bought PT12 ages ago, but I won’t install it until it’s safe to use.

The potential for Noise Bursts was only fixed with the release of PT12.5 - a little over one week ago.

Do enough people care if the Cloud actually gets off the ground?

I’m amazed at the patience shown by Pro Tools Users Everywhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thierryhenry View Post
Not asking for the world is it?
Definitely not!

Not in a million years!
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 12.5.1 HD - Studio One 4 Pro - Win10 64 Pro – Lenovo W520 ThinkPads & 433830U Docks – Mbox 3 Pro - Axiom Pro 49 - AIR Mini 32
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:47 AM
unkJE unkJE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

I’m saying – it appears that PT12 was not “fit for purpose” until PT12.5


I’m totally OK with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooksound View Post
no one gets anything after plan expiration
if I’m given a product that I can safely use before and after my plan expiration.
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 12.5.1 HD - Studio One 4 Pro - Win10 64 Pro – Lenovo W520 ThinkPads & 433830U Docks – Mbox 3 Pro - Axiom Pro 49 - AIR Mini 32
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Drew Mazurek's Avatar
Drew Mazurek Drew Mazurek is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 11,555
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Remember that your iLok auth will authorize any version of 11 (or 12 depending of course on which one you own) even if it's not in your Avid acct.
__________________
www.drewmazurek.com

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-05-2016, 07:43 AM
unkJE unkJE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Will there be an update for 12.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Remember that your iLok auth will authorize any version of 11 (or 12 depending of course on which one you own) even if it's not in your Avid acct.
With respect – your point fails to address the problem faced by those who didn’t upgrade past PT12.4 (with its potential for Noise Blasts).

Without access to the PT12.5 Installer, those stuck on PT12.4 (which they paid for over a year ago) are left with a product deemed potentially unsafe to use.

My point is:
People (who have already paid) must be provided with a product “fit for use”.


PT12.4 remains a basic OH&S issue which should be fixed ASAP.

Why do some people operate jack-hammers and chain-saws without ear-muffs and safety-glasses?

Feeling lucky?

What about the other people in the room?
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 12.5.1 HD - Studio One 4 Pro - Win10 64 Pro – Lenovo W520 ThinkPads & 433830U Docks – Mbox 3 Pro - Axiom Pro 49 - AIR Mini 32
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update Aditu Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) 72 11-27-2012 04:57 PM
10.3 Update - Windows shutdown issue has returned. Update at your own risk. crm0510 Windows 14 09-19-2012 02:50 PM
10.5.6 update. Is it safe to apply the system update from 10.5.5? SBCCMusic 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 9 02-02-2009 03:27 AM
Windows Update Vs Apples Software Update sunburst79 General Discussion 2 07-14-2007 07:40 AM
What is this Apple Update? Hard Disk Update...ver 1.0 McMasters Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 1 06-30-2003 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com