Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 7.0 issue? Click drifts

I posted this in that big 7.0 petition thing, but decided it might get resolved easier if it had it's own thread.

Actually "drift" is a weak word. It's more like "stutters" or "hesitates" - for a second then catches up by rushing for two or three counts.

Has anybody else experienced this problem with the "Click" plug-in? It seems to happen most when I am viewing a plug-in while there is at least a medium ammount of CPU usage happening. I never recall this happening in older versions. I've found that if I don't show any plug-ins the problem goes away. But sometimes I have to have it showing to do live tweaks and automation etc etc. It worsens according to the ammount of CPU usage that is happening. What's most concerning is that when there's not a lot of CPU usage happening, the inconsistencies aren't as bad. What if I've been tracking to a slightly drifting click? Any insight?

g4-933mhz-1gRam-7CS
usually use buffer of 512/99% cpu

Audio Enthusiast
Rock and Roll please.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 7.0 issue? Click drifts

yes i've had this problem

its not PT7 specific, I havent upgraded yet, I've had it on PT 6.9 and i think some earlier versions

its usually pretty obvious, and i tend to assume that if i can't hear it its not doing it, with mine its the occaisonal click or several clicks are way out of time, and then it comes back.

it does rather defeat the whole point of a click!

sometimes the click drops out completely for 4 or 5 beats and then comes back

G5 DP 1.8
osx 10.3.9