Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Default Please digi help

Hello Digidesign Tech support
I have M-audio and Le versions of pro tools and in both I have the same issues. (6101 and 9031 error messages). I have been trying to make my system work since I purchased more than a year ago with no succes.
I've been through all the troubleshooting list and recording in a external f/w hd (lacie 2quadra ) plugged in to siig expresscard (f/w 400) , the other f/w port is connected to the m-audio "Solo firewire" interface. No airport,no bluetooth, no screensaver, no disks to sleep, no dashboard, no spotlight , repaired permissions , rebooted, created another login account ,
On the pluggins side I have just the latest versions of xpand (1.0.3), structure(1.0.2) and transfuser (1.0).

I know that strucure (wich I avoid using ) is giving this kind of errors ,just use transfuser and xpand ,but still getting the 6101 or 9031 DAE errors after some minutes of playing.Just I don't know what else to try but change the external HD for a Glyph wich is the one you recomend ,but I don't know if this would sort my problem out.
I need my system for playing live with trasnfuser sessions and I can't afford my system to stop .

Pease Digidesign, reply if you need more data of my system or any further questions.

Best
Luismi Valles
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: Please digi help

How is your drive formatted? Does this happen if you create a new session on the internal drive and test from there? Do you possibly have both the FW Solo and Mbox 2 plugged in at the same time? When using the Mbox 2, do you have it connected to the USB port on the left side of the computer?

Which version of Pro Tools are you running? Which OS version?

Which of the troubleshooting steps have you done specifically?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
"How is your drive formatted? "
The Lacie 2quadra is partitioned in 4 (all of them formatted extended journaled )

Quote:
Does this happen if you create a new session on the internal drive and test from there?
Yes, it happens too.

Quote:
"Do you possibly have both the FW Solo and Mbox 2 plugged in at the same time? "
I've just have the FW Solo connected to the computer , but it happens with the mbox 2 (connected to the left side usb) (that's why I purchased the FW Solo, just in case the malfunction was caused by the usb port too slow) but I realized that wasn't the problem.

Quote:
"When using the Mbox 2, do you have it connected to the USB port on the left side of the computer? "
The left side usb.

Quote:
'Which version of Pro Tools are you running? Which OS version? '
Pro tools LE 7.4.2
Pro tools M-powere 7.2.4 (currently running)

OS X 10.5.4 (with the updates)

Quote:
Which of the troubleshooting steps have you done specifically?
1-Date/time non set to 24h
2-energy saver off
3-airport off
4-firewire network connection (non connected)
5-PACE drivers updated
6-permission repaired
7-uninstall (clean) and reinstall software
8-create ne logging account
9-The start up items folder contains :digidesign loader,m audio firewire audio helper , and PACEsupport.
10-Spotlight indexing (all the drivers set to private, so there is not indexing.
11-dashboard killed

So that's all I've done so far.
Thanks for your time and please ask for any further questions you might need.

Luismi Valles
Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Avid

Are you possibly using a non-English OS version?

What are the names of your drives and partitions? Do they possibly contain illegal characters?

You say this happens even when using the internal drive - was the external drive disconnected at the time of the test?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Thanks Digithechsupt for your interest.

Quote:
Are you possibly using a non-English OS version?
It is definetly an english version.

Quote:
What are the names of your drives and partitions? Do they possibly contain illegal characters?
The drive name is Lacie 2quadra and the partitions are : Audio drive, Library, Personal ,Media.

Quote:
You say this happens even when using the internal drive - was the external drive disconnected at the time of the test?
I have done it again with the external drive unplugged an the error is still happening.

What I've noticed is that this errors only happens when I use Transfuser, Structure or even Strike , not when I use Xpand or working with audio loops on the edit window , may be this could help to find the solution.

Tanks again
Luismi Valles
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 AM

bump
Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 PM

Bump
Old 09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Avid

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm really not clear what the cause of the problem could be. If it only happens when using certain plug-ins, I'm thinking it must be something with those plug-ins, but I'm not sure what.

Maybe the libraries for those plug-ins should be moved to your firewire drive. Can you possibly test that? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling those plug-ins and do you have the latest version installed?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM

^^Yea do you have the leopard versions of the plugins installed?

I made that mistake...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM

Hi,Thanks Digi and stoox for getting back.
Yeah,basically if I run a session with just Xpand and/or audio loops it runs perfect (no errors at all) but if I use Transfuser for instance or Structure after randomly 10,15 or 20 minutes approx I get the mentioned message.
I've checked the "ignore errors" box to see if was that but it wasn't plus I have reduced to one the number of processors but failed in both cases.
I've moved the structure library to the external f/w ,but I cant move Transfuser or Xpand libraries.
I've checked the plug-ins versions and they are the correct ones.
Please any other ideas ?
Thanks again and I appreciate your support.
Luismi