Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-20-2004, 09:26 AM

Default The best Graphic EQ??

It is well stated here that many of you guys consider the URS Eq's as the best. Some of us may not have the money to buy them, but in my case I am inclined to save money, in order to get them. In the mean time, how about these three?

1. GRM tools ST graphic EQ
2. TC native g2 graphic EQ
3. Firium EQ.

I have been using the waves EQ's and Tracks EQ in my sesions tracks, and recently when I move my mix to wave lab I've found the TC graphic EQ really good and flexible in fixing out some frequencies and the overall mix. I haven't use them in my session tracks, but will they be better or as good as the waves?

Do you guys use any of them? and How would you compare the quality of these EQ's to the URS EQ's?
Do you think they are any good for mastering?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: The best Graphic EQ??

Like you said for graphic eqs, I like my URS N12 and A10, but I like other eqs too. I think both of the elemental audio eqs are awesome (watch for latency). I think the waves eqs are really high quality too. I also think that with the VST-RTAS wrapper, that another serious contender is the PSP Master Q (although not a graphic eq), soon to be available in RTAS, but good as a VST. But that is really more of mastering eq (like the name says, with some really cool functions like limiting for no overs). I think the URS graphic eqs are better for tracks, and the others I mentioned are better for busses or mastering. I haven’t used the GRM and only the TC a couple of times. Honestly, the times I used the TC EQ I haven’t been pleased, but that’s just me. It didn’t work for what I put into it.