Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-08-2020, 03:26 PM

Default SOS

I have an education subscription for 2020 that runs out next month. I also have an older 10/11/12 perpetual ilok. I seen a deal online at retailer at the weekend to upgrade (reinstate) for a really cheap price my old to upgrade my 12.8. I was in a rush and purchased it. Went to register and it tells me to contact support. I then realised this morning it was perpetual extension and nod the reinstatement license. Couldn’t believe I made such an error. Contacted the reseller, who are refusing to refund as it was a download - even though it has not been registered and does not work. It’s in their terms not to refund software download purchase. I will phone them back in the morning but they are woeful to deal with. They actually suggested I contact Avid to see they could they do a deal. Shout out to the mods, is there way round this. I paid by credit card also so may be able to do something. I worked in Pro Audio sales for years, I know where they are coming from but the code is unused and they are keeping my money. Please help if possible.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:08 PM

Default Re: SOS

Hi and Welcome

I can't see Avid doing much here as you have purchased thru a third party. Are they an avid prefered reseller and have you contacted your creditcard company to refute the payment?

I can send it to accounting but I would stay on the seller as they might have what you needed in the first place and can help if you buy the correct license.

Dont want to derail this thread but this should serve as a reminder to everyone who asks about online purchases and pm us if this and that sale would work for them. If you think it is too good a deal it probably is as a reinstatement which has been discontinued by Avid will be $299 if any online dealer still have them and a renewal is $199 for perpetual licenses and is basically the same prices everywhere except with some sellers dropping prices due to stock clearance or some other drop in price and also the conversion rates so please buy from approved Avid dealers you know as these things are difficult for Avid to help with since thats really not their fault but will escalate the issue and see what can be done.

Hang tight. And pleaae let me know what you did purchase and at what price and where.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-09-2020, 12:08 AM

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply.

They are called Bax. Here is the product page - https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/daw-softw...e-extension-dl

I will try again this morning but they are taking a zero tolerance approach here. I will then call my card issuer. They will not even exchange.

I found another cheaper price but can you check please:

https://studiocare.com/products/avid...-9935-66087-00

The fact is I made a mistake, the code I cannot use and it is a digital download and they refuse to refund. Not on.

Thanks,

Shea.

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sheaboy79; 06-09-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:41 AM

Gotcha

I looked at your link and it is the version you need if you have a expired non HD or Ultimate plan so if you run a standard license then thats what you need.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-09-2020, 04:42 AM

Thanks, the reseller are trying to sort it out for me now. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaboy79 View Post
Thanks, the reseller are trying to sort it out for me now. Fingers crossed.
Good! Let us know what happens so we can advice

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-12-2020, 04:23 PM

Finally sorted after literally 8 emails and several phonecalls but got the refund, 1 month in total.

Lesson learned to read things properly. If it's too good to be true, it normally is.