Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Wave Platinum TDM/native

Hi there, i have a studio that is running PT HD2 with a Waves TDM platinum bundle and following tracking, i use Logic 8 for most of my music mixes.
I am looking at creating a secondary compatible studio - something simpler/lighter - iMac, an MBox, Logic 8, etc. My question is regarding the wave plugins.

For the wave plugins, i assume that i need to buy an entire additional bundle - is that correct? (versus an additional license for an additional computer)

The bundle i have for my main studio is TDM. If i purchase an additional TDM bundle for my secondary (non-HD) studio will they still work with my Logic sessions and therefore be easily transferrable if i open the same session on my main studio computer?
Likewise, if i buy a native bundle for my secondary studio, will the plug-ins still be assigned to the tracks and easily transferrable if i open the sessions on my main studio computer (TDM)?

Thanks! dave
Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Wave Platinum TDM/native

If you're talking about using it on 2 computers, but only one at a time, then you can just install the bundle on the new computer and switch your Ilok back and forth as needed.

If you're talking about using both systems at the same time, then you would need to buy another bundle.

The TDM version also includes the RTAS, AU, and VST versions, so that would be fine for a native version of Protools or Logic, and you should be able to transfer back and forth pretty easily.

Right now is a great time to get it, because for March, all TDM bundles are 50% off. It's about the same price to get the TDM version as it is the native version. Even though this second system is native, you might as well get the TDM bundle, in case you ever need it for a second HD system. It's the same price, and includes all the native versions.