Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2017, 07:55 AM

Default Artist Series with Sony Vegas

I did a search and found one thread that said that the Artist Series actually worked with Sony Vegas. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ght=Sony+Vegas

They said Vegas worked on Eucon 3.4 consistently. I'm using Vegas 12 along with Nuendo 7 & 8. I was only looking for the most basic controls in Vegas, as I spend 99.9% of my time in Nuendo. Every now and then, I need to check something in Vegas to see how it will respond before I send out my score soundtrack. Sometimes, I'll even render it, if it's short (like a commercial) so I can test it on my TV. That's basically it!

I assumed I would need to just load Eucon into Vegas, like I did with Nuendo? Unfortunately, it did NOT show up in the list of controllers! It will accept Mackie control. So I selected that. But I've never used Eucon in Mackie Control emulation mode. So, can anybody here tell me how to set this up, step by step? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Series with Sony Vegas

For the EUCON side check out the Appendix A in this guide EUCON Application Setup Guide
For Vegas try this Using Control Surfaces

I haven't tried Vegas with EUCON myself so let me know how you get on.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 PM

Not having much luck. I still can't even get a "handshake" between the two.

I opened 4 MCU ports in Eucon to give me 16 HUI channels.
I added a Mackie Control Device to the Device window in Vegas. It said there was no Mackie Device.
So I opened the MCU Emulation in the preferences. That gave me a "green light" regarding the Mackie Control.
I went to the MIDI section and to the MIDI I/O to talk to Eucon MIDI Ports 1 - 4.
I restarted Eucon several times after rebooting the PC.
So far, still nothing.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Avid

I just downloaded Vegas and tried...it seems it doesn't see the virtual MIDI ports. They are there and working Ok as I can see and connect to them in PT. not much I can do...try reporting on their forums.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I just downloaded Vegas and tried...it seems it doesn't see the virtual MIDI ports. They are there and working Ok as I can see and connect to them in PT. not much I can do...try reporting on their forums.
Yeah, I sent that message out to the Vegas Forum the same time I sent out this message. No reply there yet. But, it's looking like, I'll need a second Xkeys and a week of programming their key commands.