Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-24-2016, 11:31 AM

Default Multitrack with S3L-X to ProTools over AVB

Hi guys,
today I had a recording job with 34 inputs. But I ran into a problem that I only could see the inputs from the 2x Stage16 and not any local inputs from the E3 and S3.
Can it be right that it's only possible to record inputs coming from a Stage16 and not from the local inputs?
Old 03-24-2016, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Multitrack with S3L-X to ProTools over AVB

Hi. I think as standard you only see the stage boxes. But you can record other inputs/outputs using the direct out on that channel that have for example the E3 as input. You can also record the L-R master or an aux send etc. You patch this trough the patch page. If you have 2 boxes (32ch) then those 32 are "locked" so you have to use the other channels from 32 and above!
Old 03-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Avid

All stage inputs by default record over to pro tools. Any additional inputs need to be manually patched over, this allows a user to pick and choose how to use their additional inputs to pro tools, be it a Left Right mix, stems from a group, or adding in local IO.

In most cases local IO is considered extra inputs, things like talkback, and iPod playback, so a user has the OPTION of recording this, but it's not required.

In order to route these, assign any of the direct out's from these channels to a Pro Tools Assignable in the patchbay. Be sure to turn the direct out on!

[email protected]
Old 03-24-2016, 02:11 PM

aaaaaah. thanks a lot!
Old 07-28-2017, 12:12 PM

Hi Ryan, last night I recorded a 48chnl input but the last 16cnls didn't actually record any audio? any ideas?
thnx S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
All stage inputs by default record over to pro tools. Any additional inputs need to be manually patched over, this allows a user to pick and choose how to use their additional inputs to pro tools, be it a Left Right mix, stems from a group, or adding in local IO.

In most cases local IO is considered extra inputs, things like talkback, and iPod playback, so a user has the OPTION of recording this, but it's not required.

In order to route these, assign any of the direct out's from these channels to a Pro Tools Assignable in the patchbay. Be sure to turn the direct out on!
Old 07-30-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanners View Post
Hi Ryan, last night I recorded a 48chnl input but the last 16cnls didn't actually record any audio? any ideas?
thnx S
Did you load into your ProTools' iLok (or where you have PT running) the Live Sound Production Toolkit? If not you're limited to 32 ch.

More at: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oolkit-license
Old 07-30-2017, 03:36 AM

Appreciate the response, yes i do have the live production toolkit activated on the main ilok i plug into the system (not in the internal). Any other reason why it might not be working?
Old 07-31-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
(...) i do have the live production toolkit activated on the main ilok i plug into the system (not in the internal)
Just to be sure... when you say "into the system" you mean at the MacBook, not at the console... isn't? I have this license (Live production...) at the same iLok where I have the PT12 license.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM

I just checked that and the one i thought was on that ilok disappeared when i tried to move it. So i moved another one I had onto that ilok (same as PTHD) for insertion into laptop. This might be the answer! ill let you know many thanks again. S
Old 08-15-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
I just checked that and the one i thought was on that ilok disappeared when i tried to move it. So i moved another one I had onto that ilok (same as PTHD) for insertion into laptop. This might be the answer! ill let you know many thanks again. S
All working a treat! many thanks