Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-25-2011, 12:48 PM

Default Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Venue needs a wifi dedicated software and not the nuisance that is the VNC patch, every time I use it, makes me forget all the other good qualities of my Venue SC48.
I often get the impression, they make products that do not test in live.
Brands of inferior quality and cheaper, have their dedicated wifi software. Having independent control from the tablet and it not affect the console GUI is logical and perfect.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM

Red face Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Hello friends, well! after the summer season with the Venue SC48, all monitors sension with tablet PC were postponed after the PA test because my clients can no work faster with VNC System.
Please AVID solve this nuisance as soon as possible.
Thanks and best regards.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 AM

I agree, where is the iPad app for this? Please don't let Yamaha be the main player in this game.. we are looking to purchase a console in Jan and that one must work with a iPad..... and also make a SC24
Old 10-14-2011, 03:05 PM

I'd discourage you from attempting to install VNC server software on the VENUE. You probably won't get far anyway. They have Windows pretty striped down, LOL

ECx drivers/software is what makes remote controlling the console via VNC possible. You must also have an ECx card in the system (which the SC48 ships with by default)

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Post Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Hi guys, about 4000 views and still no official response, I keep saying that the system needs a venue independent software control via wifi with iPad, tablet, etc.. systems like Yamaha. VNC is a patch not good for this job.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM

i have no idea why people are getting so up in arms about this. i love the vnc that came setup in my SC48. its priceless.

just invest in a GOOD stable app (i personally use iteleport...and its worth every penny) and a good router and away you go. my sc48 goes cat5 into my Trendnet router (located in the doghouse) and that not only gives me VNC control for me on my ipad, laptop AND cell phone...but also runs Venuelink for my protools system. havent had a problem with it in a long time. my only bump was when 2.9 first came out, venuelink and vnc would fight over the port...but now thats been resolved.

yeah it would be nice to have a fancy app like yamaha...but i tried it...and its ok...nothing to really right home about. i love the avid interface because what i see on the screen on my board is what i see on my VNC client. plain and simple.

lag i know is a issue...but trust me when i say that if you invest (not a lot) in good software and a good router...it helps SOOOO much!

Venue SC48
Macbook 13"
HP 2525TX Tablet
Motion Tablet LE1600
Mac Mini 2.6 dual core with 1TB 4gig Ram
Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM

I worked with Brian's show a year or so ago, and recall his VPN control of the SC48 was fast and clean. Consider his words as a voice of reason.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 AM

Smile Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Dear Rivetheadsound and Tim McCullcoh, thanks for your reply, my VNC, works fine, but this is not the problem for me, I know it's a long post but I try to explain to the beginning.
(I do not speak English and no make myself clear, I'm sorry)
Rivetheadsound, you say: (i love the interface avid Because what i see on the screen on my board is what i see on my VNC client. Plain and simple)
and that is the problem for me. We work with a single SC48, for FOH and monitors, monitor engineer on the Table or Ipad, needs to see different channels at the FOH engineer at the same time, with VNC system if I touch something in FOH, the engineer monitors have to wait, with software from Yamaha you can do different things simultaneously.
I insist and I will not be heavy, be a matter of time but the "creator of software like Pro tools" have to have a simple solution for this, do not talk about changing hardware is ¡¡just software!!
I hope you understand.
I only try to contribute ideas to improve venue. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 AM

...but even so with the said Yamaha remote apps, the user on the tablet can still royally dick the FOH mix, even from the monitor mixing standpoint. That is why I believe the VNC or any remote solution is not meant to be a second independent mix position.

I'm a fan of if you are doing to mix mons, plan A would be to have an independent desk. If that is not an option, plan B is to do fold back...if the artists are extremely picky, use AVIOM.

I love the VNC option. One of the above posters said it was a "patch" no...I don't believe so. It is my opinion that it was well planned out by AVID, allowing the engineer to have complete control of the console remotely. Makes things a heck of a lot easier if I have to run to stage for something during a rehearsal or when troubleshooting.

Just my two cents.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 12-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Smile Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

Hello retodd4259, I understand your position, ¡are different ways of working!
With VNC only have one static option, with Yamaha software you have the similar option that VNC and more options, is more functional.
You say: the plan A or B, OK but, not everyone have the option to buy two units of Venue or a AVION system.
Thanks for your opinion.