Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 PM

Default protools windows session into a mac

Hi. I have an mbox and an Imac running Os10.2.8. I am taking on a short film which has been partially cut in Protools in a windows environment. To say it is buggy is an understatement. I couldn't open the original session and I track transferred the tracks from it into a fresh session. It seemed to work fine at first, but then it started losing audio files, and crashing etc. Cue the Norton Utilities. I turfed the files and reloaded them and that worked. I have it mostly sorted out except for the fact that I have no meters playing. I have tried adding new tracks and deleting the original master fader but to no avail. Other than checking myself into a mental institution for taking on a project which was saved in Mac format on some guys P.C. does anyone have any ideas re: the meters?
Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: protools windows session into a mac

I go between Mac and Windows all the time without issue... sounds like you have a problem with your Pro Tools or OS installation.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-11-2004, 01:52 PM

Default Re: protools windows session into a mac

I've heard a lot of people having this problems from Pc to mac and for Protools 5.X, you're not the only one that have this kind of problem. And I wouldn't post anything isntead some helpful word...

I don't really think you might have some problem on your system.

It just happens all the time, with so many people....

Try to import the audio files and create a new session again...

Good luck.
Scsi(64)-18 giga cheetah
Ide 80 giga (7200)