Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 PM

Default How to pull samples from Drumkit from Hell??

I just got ez drummer and drumkit from hell and I wanna use the sounds to do some drum replacing, I just cant figure out how to pull individual sounds off of drumkit from hell. Any ideas??
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Default Re: How to pull samples from Drumkit from Hell??

My method: route the instrument track to a stereo audio track. Put the audio track into record. Open the ezdrummer plugin and mouse click on each drum(waiting a few seconds between hits). Once I have each sound recorded, I use tab to transient to find the leading edge of each hit and hit B to separate region. Then trim the tail and add a fade. The double-click on each region and name it(like "BlackBeauty", "DFHtom1", "DFHkick", etc). Then I export the regions to a folder(actually, I spent a day doing this with lots of the drums and saved folders filled with snares, toms, kicks and cymbals). I can grab a sample region and paste it, use it with Digi's sound Replacer or Drumagog(not sure but can likely do this with most drum replacement options). Spend the time to do it once, and you can use your samples anytime(back them up to another drive, just as you back up your sessions. You DO back up your sessions, don't you)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 AM

See I thought there was just a library of sounds that i could pull and use as samples. I didnt know i had to make the samples myself.

I found a folder marked sounds under ezdrummer which seems to have all the sounds in .wav format. But I cant get them to play anywhere? Any ideas??

Thanks!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerfear3 View Post
See I thought there was just a library of sounds that i could pull and use as samples. I didnt know i had to make the samples myself.

I found a folder marked sounds under ezdrummer which seems to have all the sounds in .wav format. But I cant get them to play anywhere? Any ideas??

Thanks!!!
Most libraries like this do not have individual .wav or .aiff samples but they are in blocks. This is done to thwart piracy more than anything else. That's why some libraries can only be played with their specific player, whether that be Kontakt Player (or full Kontakt), something like East/West Play, or other.

QAPLA!