Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2003, 10:58 AM

Default Adding Plugins to 5.3.1

I've been using Pro Tools LE for over a year, but it has been on a G4 up until about a week ago. I tried to transfer my plugins from the G4 into the Plugins folder on my new PC, but they don't show up when I run Pro Tools. They are RTAS, so I don't think its a question of not using the right plugins...

any ideas?

david
Old 04-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Adding Plugins to 5.3.1

They may be RTAS, but they are Mac, so it is a question of not using the right plug-ins. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You can install your Digidesign plug-ins from your Pro Tools LE for Windows CD, or if you downloaded Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 for Windows XP, you can update your plug-ins from the same page:
www.digidesign.com/download/winup

For third-party plug-ins, you will need to get the Windows versions of any Mac plug-ins you already own, either from their websites, or the manufacturers directly, or possibly from any original CDs that came with the plug-ins. (some ship both Mac and Windows versions when you purchase, as we do)

Keep in mind that not all plug-ins on the Mac are also available for Windows. See this page in the Compatibility documents for a link to the Digi 001 Plug-In Finder:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/digiswlewin.html

You'll also find that there are often downloadable demo versions that function as updates when you click on the individual plug-ins that show up in the Plug-In Finder.

You'll also need to authorize any plug-ins on your Windows system if they required authorization on the Mac side, and the corresponding plug-in exists for Windows.