How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2021, 11:06 AM

Default Plug-ins and protools

Lovely Protools users-

This is the third time I'm asking for help to resolve a frustrating issue. While working in ProTools 12, if I have not inserted a plug-in for a bit (20 mins) the selection for my plug-ins is gone and not available on the channel strip. I have to shut down my session, quit ProTools, restart ProTools (computer restart is not an issue) open the session and everything seems normal again. If I start recording, editing...etc...for longer than 15-20mins this cycle repeats. Geezsh! Frustrating. I have received an answer but the suggestion of "sleep settings" being a possible fix has not made an impact on this. My sleep setting are all disengaged. Anybody got another thought on how to resolve this? ProTools Admin. please don't be shy of helping out as well. I have been working with your products since the Toolbox. Long and loyal. Thx in advance for your help...this is killing me!

Mac mini
ProTools 2020.12.0
Mac OS 10.15.7

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2021, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Plug-ins and protools

Is it possible you’re hitting a key combination that’s hiding the inserts? Capture a picture and share it here so we can see what you mean.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Plug-ins and protools

Thx Top Jimmy. I have tried to upload a screen shot but this interface only sends a link to my desktop where the screen shot was saved. FYI...the hitting an errant keystroke doesn't seem to be the issue, just lack of time between adding additional plugs then the option goes away and my options that are left are:

no insert
seatch...
recall inserts
save track preset
I/o

The option for "recall inserts' breaks out into sub categories of;
Avid
Pro Tools Carbon