Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-10-2000, 02:27 PM

Default Digi001 vs. CubaseVST\\32

Well, I came to this message board looking for an answer, but am more confused than ever - this is worse than the Gore-Bush race!Anyway, at the risk of opening Pandora's box--- I have a Dell Dimension XTPS Pentium III 700Mghrtz 396 sdram,10gig hard drive,Plextor 10\12\32 CD-rw blah,blah- i am interested in buying either digi or cubase- which one would be better for my PE-CE! Ihave the digi 001 video- they make it look so easy- however, my friend bought one and had to go to a workshop for three days to learn how to use the darn thing- Guys at Guitar Center say cubase is better- probably cause it is more expensive- break-out box sold separately -any place I can get an OBJECTIVE answer would be greatly appreciated-- ARRGGHH!!!! Signed,pieanniplaer
Old 12-11-2000, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Digi001 vs. CubaseVST\\32

Hey,
I think what is best for you depends on what you want to do: if you do some serious midi-stuff as well, protools (which I presume you would use if you bought the digi001) is not a good choice. Cubase is thé midi-program, better than logic even. When it comes to audiotracks, protools is probably the best program, but cubase has some advantages such as DirectX compatibility.
I have a question to: Mister technician, I want to use both Digi001 and Cubase! So, my question is actually: do the outputs of the Digi001 appear inside Cubase, so that I can send out audio channels seperately? And if they do, do the digital ones too? Cause I saw Logic with the Digi001 and the digital outputs did not appear. Serious drawback.

Greetz, Otjes
Old 12-11-2000, 06:02 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to step in correct a couple of mistakes here. Logic has the best MIDI ever. Cubase does not even come close. I own both. Basically you can create a fader or a button that will control any parameter in your MIDI Instrument. The digital ins and outs show up in Logic. You just have to activate them by Choosing 16 ins and outs in the Audio Preferences. Logic sounds great with 30+ Plug-Ins and it is very easy on the CPU. Email me if you have any further questions
Regards

------------------
Yavuz AKYAZICI
Guitar Player
Composer
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 12-13-2000, 01:35 PM

Heres my subjective little opinion please dont flame me or get excited.If you want a setup to supplement your tdm system back at the studio, or if you just want pro tools le to record the band its great..otherwise cubase 5.0 has pt le tottaly faded.

With cubase youd have more features than pt le, and vsti.trust me here, if your a musician or composer youll prefer cubase cause you get so much more.btw dont get the oo1 for cubase!!!

Logic has its advantages over cubase in regards to midi, but their slight.cubase has the best balance of audio/midi this side of digital performer(wich is mac only btw).cubase 5.0 is a more complete audio midi package and has pt le tottaly faded.one thing about cubase that may amaze you is that you can acxtually get free plug ins!!!

and you can use reason too!get the delta 1010 and cubase, best to avoid the 001 all together.( its a trap the pt product line is limited and ther next step up is $10,000)

good luck,
robert
Old 12-14-2000, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the input guys, I think I know which system to purchase to start with Merry Christmas and Happy Recording Paul Allen