Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2015, 04:33 PM

Default Artist Mix with EQ 3 7 band

Hi everyone. Am I crazy, or is there no way to access the low, mid, and high freq bands on the EQ3 7 band (and also the 4 band) using an Artist Mix? I can control the filters and the LMF and HMF bands, but not the others. What am I missing?

I'm on OS 10.6.8 with PT9 and EuCon 2.7.1.

Does the newer version of EuCon fix this?

Thanks,

burmansound
Old 05-05-2015, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix with EQ 3 7 band

Page > and Page < should bank the plug-in controls.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:38 PM

The page buttons do bank the plug-in controls - that's how I get from the I/O/filters section to the two mid bands. But on the last page, I don't see the other bands (only 20 total parameters appear on the surface even though there are many more than that in the EQ). Is that a limitation of EuCon?

Does it work this way for everyone? It seems pretty unusable to me.

Thanks,

burmansound
Old 05-06-2015, 12:48 PM

Some of the options are selectable/switchable by pressing the small sel / on button (not the Solo On (mute)) that are just beside the rotary encoders.

Wave-T.com
Old 05-07-2015, 11:46 AM

The small sel and on buttons do function, but I still don't see the low, mid and HF bands anywhere.

Where do those bands appear?

Thanks,

burmansound
Old 05-07-2015, 12:06 PM

They would probably be on a second page, it's been a while since I've used that eq in conjunction with my dead artist mix try change pages and then use the sel button to see if you toggle into them.

One thing that will help, and some may not notice, keep an eye on the plugin window when you switch pages, the blue boxes and small lights will change on the screen to highlight the current parameters that are being focused onto the console.

Wave-T.com
Old 05-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Thanks for that info Manny. I discovered that the low, mid, and high band EQ controls are mapped to the ON buttons! Each press of the on buttons on pages 1 and 2 increments the control position slightly. Once you get to the end of the control's travel, the next push of the ON button positions the control at minimum, and the cycle starts all over. There is no way to decrease the value, only increase it.

Surely this is not how it's supposed to work! How do I control a knob on the EQ with a knob on the controller? The other bands work OK (the knobs on the control surface control the knobs on the EQ), just not the low, mid, and high (the 3 bands I use most!)

Thanks,

Ellis