Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2009, 03:01 AM

Default T-RackS 3 Deluxe Mastering and Pro Tools Performance

I have noticed when inserting the T-Racks Linear Phase EQ module alone into a track with preferences set to Oversampling + Linear Phase (I believe that is the default setting), the track delay indicator shows 18,564 dly? Is this normal for a plug-in of this type?
Can anyone tell how high the delay setting might be with the Waves Linear Phase EQ?

Thanks,

Lou
Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 AM

Default Re: T-RackS 3 Deluxe Mastering and Pro Tools Performance

yup. t-racks latency is HUGE!! check out the t-racks singles. the delay is only 4 samples.

i think waves LP is about 5/6000 AFAIK
Old 06-14-2009, 04:14 AM

Keep in mind that linear phase EQs are designed more for the mastering/finalizing of a project as opposed to inserting on a individual track, where the latency is not much of an issue.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:00 PM

rhythmtechnologies, thanks for the reply. I did notice when you go into preferences the lower option will be 4 samples. The mid option I believe was 132.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:13 PM

ondruspat, thanks for the heads up on phase EQ. I was unsure about if the Phase EQ had a dual purpose but maybe not a good choice for individual tracks. I did notice that Waves Phase EQ is part of their mastering bundle. I did kinda freak when I saw 18,564 dly. That's a few time adjuster plugs......
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM

Don't use T-Racks. It has been proved over and over again to be a bad sounding, inefficient audio suite. If you really can't make it sound good with a multiband compressor, a compressor, a limiter and an EQ, and you really want a suite... use Ozone.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Don't use T-Racks. It has been proved over and over again to be a bad sounding, inefficient audio suite. If you really can't make it sound good with a multiband compressor, a compressor, a limiter and an EQ, and you really want a suite... use Ozone.
To even this out, I would like to advise the exact opposite. I use T-Racks Standard a lot and really like it. Expecially the compressor adds some nice analog grit if you drive it hard (which is meant totally POSITIVE) that no other plug delivered by now for me. The T-Racks Deluxe suite is known as one of the best Pultec, Fairchild emulations out there.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
To even this out, I would like to advise the exact opposite. I use T-Racks Standard a lot and really like it. Expecially the compressor adds some nice analog grit if you drive it hard (which is meant totally POSITIVE) that no other plug delivered by now for me. The T-Racks Deluxe suite is known as one of the best Pultec, Fairchild emulations out there.
Naah. Really?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Naah. Really?
I use IK Multimedis stuff all the time, and I totally dig it.

But I admit there is a special case for the use of Ozone 4, which in my mind it is an impeccable multiuse system.

But T-racks for some reason in other DAWS that I use is very gentle on my computer resources, they sound useful (as opposed to good) and yet they are effective for the cost they are good tools to have in one's toolbox.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 AM

BUT... Ozone is less CPU intensive when compared to T-Racks, IMHO.

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)