Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-18-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Put timing plugin on a buss coming from aux sends?

I have serious concerns about being able to use a Rosetta 800 with a TDM rig as the sole analog interface for I/O..... and for mixing inside the box, but also utilizing analog eq’s and compressors on some channels as inserts.... or most importantly - on a buss from some aux sends.... but i'd LOVE to be proved wrong......

Background information - the HD rig will think that the Rosetta 800 is a 192... and the Apogee hardware has a slightly different timing to it - thus the Digidesign ADC will be slightly out of whack. You simply use the timing plugin to advance or delay audio...... as long as it is an individual track you are sending out to the analog domain and back in via the Rosetta.

in short - if i want to send one audio track out of the HD rig to the analog domain for processing (a compressor, or EQ) then back to digital to go back into the rig it is no problem - one would use the timing plugin and look at this chart here on the Apogee site: http://www.apogeedigital.com/support/adcalc.php

However - if I want to send an aux send off a bunch of audio tracks to a buss (but keep those audio tracks in my mix inside the box) and send that buss that is coming from multiple aux sends (say, a send from 3 of my 15 drum audio tracks) out to a stereo analog compressor then back in (and add that back to my mix) - the timing will be messed up.

I am assuming that I couldn't somehow route that buss (say, my drum stuff from 3 aux sends to a buss) thru a timing plugin before it hits the Rosetta going to Analog - or could I? How could the mono or stereo buss be advanced or delayed with the timing plugin? Is that possible? I don’t have a TDM rig to check this myself.....

Thanks for any info!

Old 10-18-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Put timing plugin on a buss coming from aux sends?

Create a stereo Aux Track... assign the input to an unused buss -- insert your outboard effects box via an I/O insert -- in the user field of the ADC display in the Mix Window enter 26 samples (or whatever). Now you can send from multiple tracks to the buss you've assigned to the Aux Track's input as your send to the device.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••