Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 05-19-2019, 01:01 AM

Default Upgrading to Pro Tools 2019?

Are there people on this forum who can explain to me how the cost of the yearly subscription is worth the latest upgrade? Are there lots of bug fixes? Is upgrading to the latest OS a big help? From my admittedly non professional view point I just can't see value for money here. But maybe there is more to it than i know?? The only thing I can see that i would use is the track labelling feature. Big deal though - I still have to type an abbreviated version to fit into that little box.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Upgrading to Pro Tools 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyreed View Post
Are there people on this forum who can explain to me how the cost of the yearly subscription is worth the latest upgrade? Are there lots of bug fixes? Is upgrading to the latest OS a big help? From my admittedly non professional view point I just can't see value for money here. But maybe there is more to it than i know?? The only thing I can see that i would use is the track labelling feature. Big deal though - I still have to type an abbreviated version to fit into that little box.
What? 2019.5 is the significant rework of plugin threading and has delivered vastly better performance/stability under load for many users. It's clearly a stunning/important release. Maybe one of the most important in a handful of years.

And isn't your system suffering from -6106 errors?

This is being discussed a lot on DUC already, you need to go read those threads/we dont' need another one here.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:02 AM

i asked a polite question. Its not too hard to reply in a similar manner. Forget it I won't trouble you again.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 AM

You got your a polite answer, and one intended to help you make actual progress. You are expected to read and search for stuff before just posting away on DUC with questions. I'm not sure how you missed all the 2019.5 information being discussed here already. But now you've been pointed in the right direction you can go read that stuff. What would be bloody impolite to other users here is for special people to expect they deserve having DUC jammed up with their slaves repeating stuff just for them that is already discussed in other threads, but they are too lazy to go read.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 PM

The yearly subscription is definitely worth it for people who are trying to make a living doing recording, editing, or mixing. As a professional user, I find there are usually one or two features per year that are to die for.

For non-professional users, well, what can I say? Spend your money if you feel like splurging.
Pro Tools Studio
www.studioaix.fr
Old 05-25-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You got your a polite answer, and one intended to help you make actual progress. You are expected to read and search for stuff before just posting away on DUC with questions. I'm not sure how you missed all the 2019.5 information being discussed here already. But now you've been pointed in the right direction you can go read that stuff. What would be bloody impolite to other users here is for special people to expect they deserve having DUC jammed up with their slaves repeating stuff just for them that is already discussed in other threads, but they are too lazy to go read.

To Darryl,

Maybe you should consider your attitude and consider your speech and learn how to be polite to others.

Regards
Old 05-25-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandM View Post
To Darryl,

Maybe you should consider your attitude and consider your speech and learn how to be polite to others.

Regards
Maybe you can focus on actually adding value here. What have you actually done on DUC to help other users? Tony got the help he needed in a quick reply. I am not sure how he missed all the posts here about 2019.5 or came to the specific incorrect conclusion he did. Or how he was complaining about 6106 errors in another thread (that this release very likely will fix), yet he was rationalizing that it was not a justified upgrade. None of that made any sense, but he got a reply that pointed this out as simply as I could — and hopefully got him focused on how to solve his 6106 errors. That was what I was focusing on.

It’s pretty much expected here that people read around, search for stuff before posting. And going to read all those concurrently running threads many of which are many pages long is *the* thing to do to learn what is going on if he wanted to do that...

There was nothing impolite in my first reply. My reaction bristled when folks whine about getting quick specific help that actually likely fix serious problems they are having.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-25-2019 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:46 AM

Guys, stop it before it flames -- of course it would be sensible to search first and ask later, nobody wants to answer the same question over and over again.