Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2018, 03:44 AM
itamar.ozeri.9 itamar.ozeri.9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: israel
Posts: 2
Default What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

This is my specs :

Macbook Pro mid 2012
processor : 2.6 Ghz quad core i7
500 SSD
16 gb 1600 Mhz DDR3

1 - What version of PT whould fit ?
2 - Is there any chance to buy just the licence (the ilock) somewhere ?

Thank you !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2018, 04:42 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,165
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Currently there's no version of PT that's fully compatible with the latest version of High Sierra.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2018, 06:11 AM
DetroitT's Avatar
DetroitT DetroitT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Detroit, Mi, USA
Posts: 2,054
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

On that note. 2018.4 for some is running solid
If you require super low latencies the you may not agree
But solid at higher buffers.
__________________
(Help us Help You)<<<click here

Testing:All APSF but Working Audio on HFS+
Pro Tools U-2019.5 MacOS 10.14.5
Second boot-10.13.6 (Avid HDX-1 Omni)

(MP 5,1 / 64-Gb)
(Sapphire 7950 MacEdition, 3-Displays)
MOTU FW-CoreAudio (for poly recording)
(SSL-HUI-MIDI over IP)
----
Surround-music-design-creation.
Post Music-Sound mixing, Production-Enhancements.
Audio Tuning and System Services
----
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2018, 10:49 PM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
On that note. 2018.4 for some is running solid
If you require super low latencies the you may not agree
But solid at higher buffers.
That is good to know as my new MBP arrived this morning 10.13.6 already loaded there were a couple of supplementary updates which I went ahead and did for iTunes and another relating to stability issues. So big weekend of install, migrate and test etc...etc...
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.#, Cubase 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2018, 03:54 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,165
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
That is good to know as my new MBP arrived this morning 10.13.6 already loaded there were a couple of supplementary updates which I went ahead and did for iTunes and another relating to stability issues. So big weekend of install, migrate and test etc...etc...
Would be interested in seeing as how the touchbar and PT get along
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2018, 05:01 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

ill be happy just to get a clean hassle free install, its a nice machine for sure. I see in the optimisation tips on avid's site there is a setting for the touch bar, which is actually pretty funky. I actually got a Magic Mouse and Keyboard with the numeric keypad to use so I don't have to lean over a laptop so if I have to turn off the touch bar no probs ill go through the optimisation process once I get all the PT2018.4 files downloaded and before I start installing them. just downloading and installing the driver and prg for my UR44 because apparently PT wants to see audio driver preinstalled on installation.
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.#, Cubase 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2018, 09:14 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,165
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
ill be happy just to get a clean hassle free install, its a nice machine for sure. I see in the optimisation tips on avid's site there is a setting for the touch bar, which is actually pretty funky. I actually got a Magic Mouse and Keyboard with the numeric keypad to use so I don't have to lean over a laptop so if I have to turn off the touch bar no probs ill go through the optimisation process once I get all the PT2018.4 files downloaded and before I start installing them. just downloading and installing the driver and prg for my UR44 because apparently PT wants to see audio driver preinstalled on installation.
Suggestion: if you do nothing else ditch that Apple rodent and get a real mouse. Basic things like left/right clicking can be indistinct and that scroll button - very uncomfortable to use for any length of time.

So you got the long keyboard right? Don't forget to turn it off when done working and shutting down so you don't kill the batteries; been there/done that and went with a wired keyboard (which sadly Apple doesn't sell anymore - you have to go third party).
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Andre Knecht Andre Knecht is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
So you got the long keyboard right? Don't forget to turn it off when done working and shutting down so you don't kill the batteries; been there/done that and went with a wired keyboard (which sadly Apple doesn't sell anymore - you have to go third party).

Thankfully, more recent versions of Apple keyboard and mouse can be recharged directly via USB cable. The original designs forced users to recharge batteries externally (while removed from the devices).
__________________
Andre Knecht

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2018, 12:05 PM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,165
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Thankfully, more recent versions of Apple keyboard and mouse can be recharged directly via USB cable. The original designs forced users to recharge batteries externally (while removed from the devices).
So you still essentially end up with a wired keyboard & mouse. Makes no sense.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2018, 01:54 PM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 602
Default Re: What version of PT should i get for mac os high sierra 10.13.6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Thankfully, more recent versions of Apple keyboard and mouse can be recharged directly via USB cable. The original designs forced users to recharge batteries externally (while removed from the devices).
That’s what I got and knowing battery life ain’t forever why I got that model. But the suggestion to turn off when not in use is good one i will be taking up. I turn everything off that isn’t turned on or being used, it surprising how much you save on the power bill every quarter, especially here in Oz where prices have skyrocketed over the last few years.
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.#, Cubase 9.5, Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why so impossible to get an earlier version of High Sierra? Anyone have 10.13.2 full? TNM macOS 1 07-24-2018 07:44 PM
Question: Sierra or High Sierra for PTHD 2018.3? johnnyv Pro Tools 2018 25 03-18-2018 08:30 PM
PT 12.8.3 High Sierra 10.13.3 RCN Pro Tools 12 12 03-06-2018 03:18 PM
High Sierra jon9 Eleven Rack 0 11-16-2017 03:35 AM
High Sierra yet? mlavin00 Pro Tools 12 18 11-13-2017 10:09 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com