Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-18-2015, 07:13 AM
Seafoam_Green's Avatar
Seafoam_Green Seafoam_Green is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bali - Indonesia
Posts: 788
Default Re: Please Support these 4 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
Custom Organize plugins menu into folders & sub-folders
http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...rs/220528-3779
This ..., + i'd also like to have folders in the clips list
__________________
Pro Tools 2018.1 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.3.0 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Sierra 10.12.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D300 2048Mb * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 (Broken !!! - shyte support from Blackmagic Singapore > A-Holes) * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-18-2015, 07:40 AM
DJ Hellfire DJ Hellfire is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,030
Default Re: Please Support these 4 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Why stop with 20, how about 50? why not 100? 20 is sooooo limiting......{Enter Sarcasm here}
Seriously! It's crazy!

The way I approach a mix, I try to figure how to achieve the sound I want using LESS plugins. This guy wants to use 20. I hate to knock someone else's feature request, but damn! To each his own I suppose!
__________________
www.HellfireBeats.com

Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61, Focal Alpha 80, UAD 2 Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Satellite Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Neve R6 "Lunch Box", Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Neumann TLM49

Pro Tools 2018.10

Mac Pro 4,1 (5,1 upgrade), Early-2009, 3.46GHz Nehalem 12-Core, 32GB RAM - OS 10.12.6

13" MacBook Pro, Late-2011, 2.4GHz Dual Core i5, 16GB RAM - OS 10.12.6

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - OS 10.12.6
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 AM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 13,630
Default Re: Please Support these 4 Small Feature Requests

Yeah my post was designed to exponentially expose the lack of need for this desire
__________________
Daniel
HDX - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro (v1709)- 6 Core i7-6850k - ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-18-2015, 09:03 AM
DJ Hellfire DJ Hellfire is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,030
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Yeah, I was adding onto your point!
__________________
www.HellfireBeats.com

Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61, Focal Alpha 80, UAD 2 Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Satellite Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Neve R6 "Lunch Box", Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Neumann TLM49

Pro Tools 2018.10

Mac Pro 4,1 (5,1 upgrade), Early-2009, 3.46GHz Nehalem 12-Core, 32GB RAM - OS 10.12.6

13" MacBook Pro, Late-2011, 2.4GHz Dual Core i5, 16GB RAM - OS 10.12.6

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - OS 10.12.6
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 AM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 13,630
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Yeah, I was adding onto your point!
Ok cool just checking...
__________________
Daniel
HDX - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro (v1709)- 6 Core i7-6850k - ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Bob Olhsson's Avatar
Bob Olhsson Bob Olhsson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Songwriter Gulch, Nashville, TN
Posts: 3,310
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Something I would love is a rack insert for AAX plugs that would include all automation and show what plug-ins were used when holding the mouse over it.
__________________
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM
tattootroy tattootroy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 81
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

20 sends would be cool, I like to add a tiny bit of every thing to the soup mix.
More spice = more flavour
more flavour = soup taste better.
tell me whats your flavour
craig David
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-18-2015, 11:15 AM
seanbil seanbil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 228
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
People....
People...! Why woudn't you want the "option" to 20 Inserts? or 20 Sends? (the option)

You don't need to use them if you don't want to, but the "option" should be there. What's the harm? Give people the option.

I mean, really, we don't need to act like fan-boys here, Avid isn't always right.
If the OP would explain how 20 inserts is typically required for his/her workflow, then maybe I'd be receptive to voting for it. Having 20 inserts just for the sake of having them isn't a very convincing argument, IMO. However, I am open to hearing a good case for it. I mean, if everyone voted willy-nilly for every idea posted at Ideascale, then voting would become a meaningless task.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
I just feel that since I paid $600 for the uppgrade plan, I should at least have the "option" to do more.

What's the harm in it? Why not have more options?

The harm is having a product that ends up looking like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Homer.jpg (93.2 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Andre Knecht Andre Knecht is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Allow me me to play my favorite game: Devil’s Advocate.

I read the OP post and immediately thought “Yeah, that’s not really necessary.” However, whenever I find myself in a situation in which my first reaction is negative, I try to force myself to spend some time searching for a positive angle. I do this for my own benefit, lest I become the “get off my lawn” caricature.

The OP didn’t exactly help his case by making a suggestion without illustrating its benefits in a tangible way. Without any workflow benefits, the potentially negative aspects of such a change would trump (lower case) any “Options = good” argument.

So, might there be a scenario in which having more than 10 insert slots could be beneficial? I believe there are a few workflow aspect that might indeed qualify as compelling arguments.

I like to assign sends to the same slots, across tracks. This is why I would welcome having 20 sends without reservations, nor hesitation.

What about inserts?

First, having 20 slots doesn’t have to mean that one would actually use 20 plug-ins (and/or hardware inserts.) It would, however, allow one to place specific plug-ins in consistent slot assignment—with empty, unused slots wherever a plug-in is not needed.

In a mixing scenario, this would allow me to change the nature of my sonic choices with broad strokes. For example, to switch between families of flavors, with just a few (Option- or Shift-Option-) clicks. Something like this:

Slot A - API Filters
Slot B - Avid Filters

Slot F - API Compression
Slot G - SSL Compression
Slot H - FabFilter Compression

Slot K - Avid EQ
Slot L - …

Etc.

Personally, I would welcome having added elbow room for just such workflows. That, and the fact that [now] options are better than no options.


PS: Actually using 20 plug-ins on a track is insane. So get off my lawn, please.
__________________
Andre Knecht

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-20-2015, 05:17 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,165
Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Allow me me to play my favorite game: Devil’s Advocate.

I read the OP post and immediately thought “Yeah, that’s not really necessary.” However, whenever I find myself in a situation in which my first reaction is negative, I try to force myself to spend some time searching for a positive angle. I do this for my own benefit, lest I become the “get off my lawn” caricature.

The OP didn’t exactly help his case by making a suggestion without illustrating its benefits in a tangible way. Without any workflow benefits, the potentially negative aspects of such a change would trump (lower case) any “Options = good” argument.

So, might there be a scenario in which having more than 10 insert slots could be beneficial? I believe there are a few workflow aspect that might indeed qualify as compelling arguments.

I like to assign sends to the same slots, across tracks. This is why I would welcome having 20 sends without reservations, nor hesitation.

What about inserts?

First, having 20 slots doesn’t have to mean that one would actually use 20 plug-ins (and/or hardware inserts.) It would, however, allow one to place specific plug-ins in consistent slot assignment—with empty, unused slots wherever a plug-in is not needed.

In a mixing scenario, this would allow me to change the nature of my sonic choices with broad strokes. For example, to switch between families of flavors, with just a few (Option- or Shift-Option-) clicks. Something like this:

Slot A - API Filters
Slot B - Avid Filters

Slot F - API Compression
Slot G - SSL Compression
Slot H - FabFilter Compression

Slot K - Avid EQ
Slot L - …

Etc.

Personally, I would welcome having added elbow room for just such workflows. That, and the fact that [now] options are better than no options.


PS: Actually using 20 plug-ins on a track is insane. So get off my lawn, please.
I know that situation you speculate on has been talked about here before when this topic has come up before and it roundly got slagged then as it is now. One of the problems with this approach is you'd have to show all 20 slots all the time unless PT could be magically made to just show the ones in use.

The other thing is it doesn't make one think: do I really need to use this plugin? Having to go through a menu to select a plugin gives one pause to answer that question, especially if you have a hundred or more plugins to wade through.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feature Requests owensoundstudios Artist Series 17 03-11-2016 06:04 AM
2 Small Software Addition Requests... Chris Johnson VENUE Live Sound Systems 4 10-01-2008 11:10 AM
Feature Requests priorytools Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 03-09-2007 07:48 AM
Bugs, feature requests and tip requests! Basil Rush Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 6 12-07-2005 08:21 AM
new feature requests! mattm Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win) 0 04-12-2002 10:42 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com