How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-23-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Is Now Only Putting Out a Clean Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Sorry I am not sure what is going on. It's a bit hard to follow what exactly you mean. Is the amp block starting up disabled (and shows that in the Eleven Rack front panel display?). It might pay to do some more experimenting. e.g. a rig with just one effects pedal and nothing else. Does that work? Does it save/restore correctly? I'd do all those tests without the USB cable connected.

I think there have been occasional issues where the Eleven Rack gets confused and disables the internal rig monitoring, (so you hear nothing unless connected to a DAW). And there is a well know clock issue with old hardware that can stops all sound at some clock rates etc. Some folks using MIDI controllers run into problems with setup, misconfiguration or sometimes electrical signal problems switching stuff... make sure you are testing with any MIDI controllers removed.

Many other issues have been caused by just the complexity of all the rig settings, especially the multiple adjustable signal levels in a rig. One thing that can cause is "clean tones" if a level is pulled down, which is why I pointed that out before.

As jeffro asked... what rev firmware are you on? (esp. curious if you have been trying to operate the Eleven Rack editor with a pre-expansion pack unit... that won't work, but not sure of the problems it might cause).
I have a post-expansion pack unit. I am at work currently and will get specific details. Thank you to you and to jeffro for the help on this. I am thinking this will need to wait until after Christmas to deal with further because things are a bit hectic for me right now.