Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-04-2003, 02:12 PM

Default Video solution?

I have three Pro-Tools systems - MIXplus, 001 and M-box - all on macs. I tried windows version of PT LE with my M-Box and I'm very impressed with its performance. I think of switching 001 system to Windows, but the problem is video. Now I have miro card in mac G4 and it works well, but Windows version does not support video capture cards!!! How can I display video in VO booth?
TV monitor as second monitor does not work, because overlay does not work or works, but video window shows first frame and does not play.
Second VGA monitor can be a solution - but in order to have proper window size I would have to record in good resolution...
Is there a driver or software I can buy to allow me to do simple thing mac version can do do or what '93 Session8 is (or rather was) able to do?
Digi says that versions 6.1 are same for mac and PC - looks like it's not true!
Help!
Przemek
Old 08-04-2003, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Video solution?

why not try one of those boxes that translates the VGA-signal to a normal tv-signal. Then put the counter and the video-window on that monitor, and off you go... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The problem with this is in quicktime as i understood. The maximize feature is not supported under windows. Apple wants to sell mac's i guess...

Bastiaan
Old 08-04-2003, 03:08 PM

Tranforming VGA to video monitor could work, but I can put VGA monitor in booth for that - problem is, that video window is rather small - could work somehow only when capturing full PAL with resolution on monitor 1024x768. One cannot maximize video window in mac as well, but with video capture card there is no need for that.
Ehhh, hope that someone find the answer - has DV option sth to it or is it timecode/plug-ins only?
Przemek.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:24 PM

Hello. Matrox Parhelia.