Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-09-2011, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expression Pedal

Thanks V!

That's what I thought and what I was planning on doing. Nice to know I can get a EP-11 with a switch to do that. I was planning on buying one of their other, non 11R, pedals to do just this.

So many hoops to jump through just to engaged a wah. :-(

Since the Ground Control only has 2 expression pedal inputs, you'll use both of these for just the wah. If you want to add a second pedal for volume only, you'll have to route a TRS cable all the way back to the 11R. Which is possible.

This is probably a good reason to include 4 expression pedal inputs in a controller built without a built in foot controller.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:04 PM

I've been working with this little MIDI widget for other reasons (i.e. mapping ER CC #s onto the range that my FC-300 can send).

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

You could just as easily program this to give you auto-off for your MIDI wah pedal...
Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_with_v View Post
From Mission:

The Ep-11-S is designed to work with the Eleven Rack, but in conjunction with a midi foot controller such as the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. Simply put, plug both outputs into the GCP, and then Midi into the Eleven Rack.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GControlPro/

.....meaning Sweetwaters sight is misleading
Thats the exact same email they sent me. I asked if they had a .pdf somewhere so I could see how they suggested to set up the EP-11S, but thats all they said.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 AM

... and what's more odd about the product is that I assume to use the EP-11 with the Ground Control Pro, you'd actually flip the 11R switch under the pedal to put it into regular expression pedal mode - instead of the custom taper they've designed to work well with the 11R.

If you're going to hook up to the GCP, you can just get the SP-1 model. You can get the SP-1 in a bunch of colors (but not orange - one color is "metal"), and it's cheaper (not by much after shipping mind you).

Sweetwater's EP-11-S seems like it would be good for "just in case you want to use this on the expression pedal input of your 11R one day". Otherwise, if you want proper wah control, you'll need another MIDI box.

11R mk11 must have more than one expression pedal input. I'd put it on IdealStale, but who reads that anymore.