Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Default Exp pedal w/ Eleven Rack and 003 rack weirdness.

Howdy, maybe you can help me with this MIDI thing I'm having trouble with. It may be a setup issue.

I'm running a Ground Control Pro into an Eleven rack (MIDI out only), the Eleven Rack is connected to the 003 Rack via S/PDIF and to the PC via USB. The 003 is connected via FW of course. I thought I told the CG Pro Exp 1 to control the Wah and it does when the Eleven Rack is stand alone. When it's connected to the 003 it turns into a Volume pedal. It also controls parameters on loaded plug ins. For example in Strike it controls the Master Volume. Obviously I've set something up wrong. I'm pretty new to MIDI. I usually use a MIDI keyboard to control VI's like Strike. This is the first time I've used a MIDI foot controller in a long time and I'm a bit confused. I haven't changed too much from default in the MIDI stuff. Maybe I need to tell PT not to listen to particular MIDI channels??? Dunno...

If you can help let me know. Also if you need more system info let me know. The PC I run PT on is offline as well. Pro Tools 9.0.3, Win 7 64 Bit. I hope this is the correct forum as well. I consider this a guitar thing.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Exp pedal w/ Eleven Rack and 003 rack weirdness.

Hmm, I think I found out what happened. It looks like I didn't actually save the info. Kinda like forgetting to plug in the power cord.

Doy.