Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Default DAE error 87 and Audio cutting out, WHAT TO DO?

hi i'm pretty new to pro tool m-powered, amd my problem is; when ever i open a project and start to play a piece of work i did in the edit window it freezes up and than a DAE error 87 pops up with the message

"DAE can't get audio from the drivers fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load (-9073).

another problem i have is when i open other projects it works fine for like 2 - 5 minutes and then the audio cuts out, but the program still functions fine, just no audio...so i will close the project and re-open it and it will do the same thing.

to correct the problem i defragmented my computer, and cleared all unused audio tracks and files, and unwanted projects...i also updated pro tools. i don't really know what else to do.

i am a windows xp user
pro tools m - powered with latest update
using Delta series audiophile 2496

thank you for your help
Old 02-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Default Re: DAE error 87 and Audio cutting out, WHAT TO DO?

"BUMP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfoolio View Post
hi i'm pretty new to pro tool m-powered, amd my problem is; when ever i open a project and start to play a piece of work i did in the edit window it freezes up and than a DAE error 87 pops up with the message

"DAE can't get audio from the drivers fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load (-9073).

this is where i sit right now..........

XP 2000
M-Audio Project mix I/O
PT 7 MPowered
Old 02-19-2011, 01:55 AM

Default Re: DAE error 87 and Audio cutting out, WHAT TO DO?

You could do yourself a favour by checking out:

The sticky General Troubleshooting: Pro Tools M-Powered Systems on Windows.
The sticky Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!

The above are shown at the top of the Pro Tools M-Powered & M-Audio on Windows home page, and I guess should be highlighted maybe in with red background (web site improvement?), judging by the number of people who failed to see it.

You should try posting a Sandra report (see the General Troubleshooting: Pro Tools M-Powered Systems on Windows link).