Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Are there any drumtracks available for dl somewhere??

Of course I want high resolution audio. And of course I want them for free. Well, that won't work I think.

lessloss.com provides a number of salsa, latin, tango african danza drumtracks but the style is not exactly what Iḿ looking for right now (although I may dl them eventually later on).

Stumbled upon Julienmanonni.com which has more to my taste but the drums are mixed with guitars and the whole bunch so useless as I want the proper drum mixes.

Gorangrooves.com provides such but.... only to be used for listening. Mixing their tracks into your own song is punishable by law.

All these have 24 bit, 96 KHz samples.

I am willing to pay for a number of tracks but I also thought somebody may have put a number of hi res tracks for free download online. Or am I absolutely nuts assuming this??

Anyway, can somebody give me a hint or tell me where to look?

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Are there any drumtracks available for dl somewhere??

Why not get a Drum VI that has many presets where you can choose style and use in songs. Who wants to "give away" their work free and let people use them on songs ...

Also IF you find anyone who doesn't value their work the website will say royalty free loops etc.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 PM

You have Pro Tools 12, so you should have access to the Loopmasters Sample pack in your Avid account.

From there, there are plenty of sample sites that give away free samples and loops, royalty-free, in hopes that you will buy a paid pack.

You have BOOM and Xpand 2, you can create your own drum tracks with those.

It really depends on what kind of drums you are looking for. Are you talking electronic, or acoustic?

You could also look for free MIDI drum tracks that will trigger your sampler if you don't want to program them yourself.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-01-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
You have Pro Tools 12, so you should have access to the Loopmasters Sample pack in your Avid account.

From there, there are plenty of sample sites that give away free samples and loops, royalty-free, in hopes that you will buy a paid pack.

You have BOOM and Xpand 2, you can create your own drum tracks with those.

It really depends on what kind of drums you are looking for. Are you talking electronic, or acoustic?

You could also look for free MIDI drum tracks that will trigger your sampler if you don't want to program them yourself.
Allright, thanks Benoni that'll work. I'll check into my Avid account. Miditracks will work very well too.

@ Southsidemusic; I spent really a lot on my rig and the bottom of my finances is showing up. Ten years ago you could buy a cdrom with samples, I was hoping for an equivalent of that. I can afford that, but not a whole software pack once more.

Think my question is answered

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:42 AM

...and if you gind a groove but don't like the sound, you can always replace can sounds with something you like. For example Slate Trigger is one of the best ones (and I hate to say Slate does something good because his "soon" is one of the biggest jokes ever...)
Old 07-01-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
...and if you gind a groove but don't like the sound, you can always replace can sounds with something you like. For example Slate Trigger is one of the best ones (and I hate to say Slate does something good because his "soon" is one of the biggest jokes ever...)
Thanks JFreak. I'll check that out as soon as my computer returns from the shop (having it upgraded to Sierra). Lots of useful tips here, thank you all

Old 07-01-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallie View Post
as my computer returns from the shop (having it upgraded to Sierra)

FYI, upgrading the OS is literally a one button operation, you don't need to "put it in the shop".

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
FYI, upgrading the OS is literally a one button operation, you don't need to "put it in the shop".
Yeah, in the end there is so much that I can do by myself, I know. Didn't know what you said and as long as I know *****, I don't take any risks. So much to learn with all the new stuff, I don't want to get into system maintenance too. Gives a lot of stress. Maybe I am too cautious but rather that than losing stuff.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:58 AM

Read up on cloning drives/partitions. It's easy. And it'll give you a safety net when doing any sort of upgrade.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Read up on cloning drives/partitions. It's easy. And it'll give you a safety net when doing any sort of upgrade.
Yeah I will certainly. But first I'm reorganizing my sleeping room as the studio is in there. Gotta make some space, set up an archive etc.

Didn't know about partitions on a flash drive but that'd be really great. Love this conversation