Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 09:37 AM

Default Ethernet Issues?

I'm setting up a ProTools HD|3 system for the college where I work. I'm wondering what people are doing who use the Control 24 (with ethernet cable connection) and also need an ethernet connection to a network. Do you just use an ethernet hub and run both cables out of that, or does a separate ethernet card need to be purchased?

Thanks for your help.

Brian
Old 07-15-2002, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Ethernet Issues?

The ethernet hub works just fine. No need to get an additional card!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Ethernet Issues?

I have run into issues when I plug my C24 into my network. It seems to flood out my router after about a day. I have tried running it through both an ethernet hub and a switch. I even got a second switch to connect my MAC and C24 to, then went out of that switch into another switch which was at the core of the netowork. Same thing.
I ended up just connecting my Mac and C24 together with a hub and then plugging that hub into the network only when I need to get online.
I haven't contacted tech support about this. The firmware update for the C24 may fix this, but I can never get it to take either. It hasn't been enought of an issue (for me anyways) to warrant calling about it, but it would be nice to have fixed.
Something else that is wierd is that there is always one fader that seems to stick at Unity after I have closed a session. then a few seconds later it will all of a sudden snap all the way down. Don't know if this is a problem with the fader, or just weird ethernet phenomena. Since I work with ethernet all day at my real job [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] that wouldn't surprise me.