Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2024, 05:15 AM

Default Transferable vs nontransferable iLok

I am using a TDM due to budgetary constraints. I cannot afford to get a new Native, HDX, etc system.

I have a HD3 system in which my ilok gen1 was stolen by my ex wife.

The HD3 system has PT 8.1.1 installed with a new gen3 ilok.
I submitted an RMA on ilok to put my existing license onto the new iLok. However, since there is no T and L on Gen1 iloks, Avid has to reissue me my license which clearly stated in my.Avid.com account and ilok.com account. Avid customer care is currently researching whether they will do so.

In the event that they don't, I have been searching ebay and reverb for a licensed HD8 ilok.
Some guys claim that they can sell me a nontransferable ilok. Could my existing 8.1.1 install run with this nontransferable ilok?

There are some sellers of HD10 DVDs with a nontransferable ilok assuming that I get a another PC for my PCIX HD Core and 2 ACCEL cards and Win7 SP1.
Can the software be installed and then run with this nontransferable iLok?

What are the consequences of using a nontransferable ilok other than not being able to apply ZDT and theft and loss protection?

Last edited by maximumimpactmedia; 03-06-2024 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Transferable vs nontransferable iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumimpactmedia View Post
I am using a TDM due to budgetary constraints. I cannot afford to get a new Native, HDX, etc system.

I have a HD3 system in which my ilok gen1 was stolen by my ex wife.

The HD3 system has PT 8.1.1 installed with a new gen3 ilok.
I submitted an RMA on ilok to put my existing license onto the new iLok. However, since there is no T and L on Gen1 iloks, Avid has to reissue me my license which clearly stated in my.Avid.com account and ilok.com account. Avid customer care is currently researching whether they will do so.

In the event that they don't, I have been searching ebay and reverb for a licensed HD8 ilok.
Some guys claim that they can sell me a nontransferable ilok. Could my existing 8.1.1 install run with this nontransferable ilok?

There are some sellers of HD10 DVDs with a nontransferable ilok assuming that I get a another PC for my PCIX HD Core and 2 ACCEL cards and Win7 SP1.
Can the software be installed and then run with this nontransferable iLok?

What are the consequences of using a nontransferable ilok other than not being able to apply ZDT and theft and loss protection?
Hi there!
Let me check on your account and get back to you on this.

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 04-01-2024, 11:38 PM
Avid

Default Re: Transferable vs nontransferable iLok

Hi There!

I've just checked your license should be all set already. Please feel free to post again or reply to the support Email if you need further assistance. Thank you

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com