Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Xpand no sound

I can't get any sounds out of this plug-in. If this plug-in is a sound engine, therefore, generating the sounds (i.e.) drum loops in particular,how come the plug in window just sits there looking at me? It doesn't seem that u need to trigger anything. Shouldn't this thing be generating sounds by itself? particularly if the arpeggiator is turned on?
I tried using instrument, aux in, midi and audio tracks in every way I can think of and I can't even get a level reading on the Xpand window.
Anyone know how to use this thing? I installed it from the disc that comes with DV Toolkit. Says Intel mac on it

Intel mac
PT 7.3
OSX 10.4.9
Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Xpand no sound

Use a stereo instrument track to set it up; You might try installing Xpand from Digi's website... Thats what I did, and it works fine.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I can't get any sounds out of this plug-in. If this plug-in is a sound engine, therefore, generating the sounds (i.e.) drum loops in particular,how come the plug in window just sits there looking at me? It doesn't seem that u need to trigger anything. Shouldn't this thing be generating sounds by itself? particularly if the arpeggiator is turned on?
I tried using instrument, aux in, midi and audio tracks in every way I can think of and I can't even get a level reading on the Xpand window.
Anyone know how to use this thing? I installed it from the disc that comes with DV Toolkit. Says Intel mac on it

Intel mac
PT 7.3
OSX 10.4.9
I don't know what you mean by "generating sounds by itself". Even if you call up a loop, you have to trigger it by playing notes on your midi controller. Also, you haven't provided enoug info to id the actual problem. One thing to check is is the output of the track set for whatever your audio output is supposed to be? For example, on my MBox 2 mini, I set it the output to Stereo 1 & 2 and then can hear it either through my headphones (if my family's asleep) or my monitors. You won't hear it through your computer speakers in any case.

It would help if you described exactly how you load it up and route the sound.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Ok the trigger business works. I'm new to this sort of thing. Just bizarre. I thought the plug-in would have sort of a start/stop butoon.
thx for the reply's