Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Dear DigiDesign....

I have searched through your message boards and still to no avail found what I have been looking for. I found something similar but it doesn't help me on my quest. You really need to show us step by step and how to really authorize these Plug In bundles that come with your hardware. Pointing us to valueless websites that do not explain "HOW" to do it is very upsetting.

Nobody else here is explaining "How" they just tell us why it doesn't work.

I am Soo disappointed right now

Thanks for nothing DigiDesign. Thank you soo much!!!

Thanks for your website that doesn't work either.

-Doug
Pro Tools 10.3.7 - 11.1.2
6GB RAM
Universal Audio Apollo Quad!!!
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Rockit RP5 Monitors w/ RP10 sub
Old 12-30-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Dear DigiDesign....

This is fairly clear

Have you looked here

I don't work for Digidesign - but I bought a 002 yesterday - and had no problems loading my software & activating all my plugs...

I hope the above links help.

Sparky1
Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 PM

I tried looking there, but this is what I got:

Safari can’t find the server.
Safari can’t open the page “http://http//www.digidesign.com/inde...6&itemid=4986” because it can’t find the server “http”.
6GB RAM
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM

Try again

Link 1

Link 2
Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 PM

try using Firefox

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 PM

the original links were incorrectly posted, it wasn't his browser.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:11 PM

ok guys. I have already registered my MBox Mini, I am not looking to do that again.

I have installed all of the plug ins off of the dvds that came with my MBox Mini.

I am trying to figure out "HOW TO AUTHORIZE" them through my iLOK which is also registered through PACE. Pro-Tools does not have the internet activation through the DigiDesign website anymore. WHERE DO I FIND THE STUPID LICENSES?? It's not that hard to understand here. Everything is all installed correctly, but the Licenses for the iLOK have not been installed because I have no idea where the hell they are. Digidesign has no info on them or to their whereabouts on the website.

I feel like I am just going in circles here. It's like nobody knows what the hell I am talking about.
6GB RAM
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Old 12-30-2006, 04:32 PM

Exactly what are you trying to authorize?
Which bundle did you purchase?
Bundles that require an iLok are pretty simple to do.
I take it you have an iLok.com account and Digi has the account name to deposit the the assets to?
If so it's just a matter of syncing your iLok to your iLok.com account.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:11 PM

I have the bundle that came with the Mbox Mini which is:

Pro Tools LE 7.1.1
Live Lite 5 digidesign edition
1- year membership to broadjam
REX file cd
Melodyne uno essential
Pro Tools Method one dvd
BFD lite
Amplitube LE
Sampletank 2 SE
T-Racks EQ
Reason Adapted 3

It also installed Mooger Fooger and all that crap too. Yeah I know that's pretty general but you get the point.

When I start up Pro Tools it starts to load up all the plug ins, then stops to ask for an authorization key/ license/ number whatever... This is where the bull crap starts. It does not say how to authorize these plug ins but it just asks if I have a license card which I don't have because none of the plug ins came with that, then I have the choice of Internet Activation, or Manual Actication. The Internet activation starts to connect to the internet, then it gives me the error:

"Internet Activation for purchases is currently disabled.
Please check the DigiStore (http://store.digidesign.com) for alternate purchase methods."

So I look at all of the plug in links that are on the website as well as on these forums, and still everybody tells me the exact same thing the Digi website does....... Nothing............... why should I purchase these plug ins when I already bought them with the MBox Mini?? I know there are some that are Trials for 14 days or whatever, but I can't get ANY of them to authorize because there is NO way to do it. The websites do not explain at all how to do it. I know I synced my iLOK up and had the website see it on my Mac, but that didn't do anything. It just said you have an iLOK present with no licenses or pending licenses.

Does this make sense now??
6GB RAM
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Old 12-30-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I have the bundle that came with the Mbox Mini which is:

Pro Tools LE 7.1.1
Live Lite 5 digidesign edition
1- year membership to broadjam
REX file cd
Melodyne uno essential
Pro Tools Method one dvd
BFD lite
Amplitube LE
Sampletank 2 SE
T-Racks EQ
Reason Adapted 3

This is the Ignition Pack and you should have authourization cards included for all of the above. Most of these plugs do not require authourization untill you open them for the first time within a session. At that point a window will open asking for the serial number, a system key will be generated and you will be directed via your web browser to the respactive manufacturers sites. Most of these will require that you have a valid email address to send the actual authorization code to. It's a PITA but well worth it for freebies they are pretty good plugs. The 3 IK multimedia plugs will each have a seperate authourization process. I recomend printing out a hard copy of the authorization codes to keep incase you ever have to reinstall them

Quote:
It also installed Mooger Fooger and all that crap too. Yeah I know that's pretty general but you get the point.

These plugs are all optional or part of the Factory Pack or Producers bundle. They require a iLok key and a (Free) iLok account. If your MBOX Mini didn't come with a ilok Key than you don't have that bundle. If your system came with a ilok Key than it should already be on the key and preauthourized. Just insert the key and your good to go...I am quessing that you installed ALL the optional plugins, Just drag them to the "Unused Plugins" Folder and the Messages to authourize them when Protools starts should go away. These are the plugs that are generating the Authourizing boxes when Protools launches.

Quote:
When I start up Pro Tools it starts to load up all the plug ins, then stops to ask for an authorization key/ license/ number whatever... This is where the bull crap starts. It does not say how to authorize these plug ins but it just asks if I have a license card which I don't have because none of the plug ins came with that, then I have the choice of Internet Activation, or Manual Actication. The Internet activation starts to connect to the internet, then it gives me the error:

"Internet Activation for purchases is currently disabled.
Please check the DigiStore (http://store.digidesign.com) for alternate purchase methods."

So I look at all of the plug in links that are on the website as well as on these forums, and still everybody tells me the exact same thing the Digi website does....... Nothing............... why should I purchase these plug ins when I already bought them with the MBox Mini?? I know there are some that are Trials for 14 days or whatever, but I can't get ANY of them to authorize because there is NO way to do it. The websites do not explain at all how to do it. I know I synced my iLOK up and had the website see it on my Mac, but that didn't do anything. It just said you have an iLOK present with no licenses or pending licenses.

Does this make sense now??

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88