Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Mbox PT LE 6.7 problem: Unreceptive Courser

Hey everyone,
I’m new to the boards as well as ProTools. I recently bought an Mbox system with ProTools LE 6.7 included in the bundle. I’m running the system on a Mac Powerbook G4 with Mac OS X 10.2.8. I’ve been playing around with the system for a few months now and have encountered a few bugs that I can’t seem to work around. The main problem I am having is with my courser not working correctly. I am unable to select the scroll bars at the bottom and side of the tracks to move around and view parts of the recording. I found a work around for this by opening the track’s comment section and clicking inside like I’m going to make a comment on a certain track. Once I do this the scroll bars become receptive to my courser. I also notice that once I do this I switch over to the ‘a...z’ mode which was earlier unselect able using my courser. The big problem I’m having is with pop-up boxes. Like if I want to name a track by double clicking on Audio 1, the box will pop up but it will be completely unreceptive to my courser. It won’t allow me to click ‘ok’ or ‘cancel’, it also will not allow me to type a new name. Sometimes I just have to force quit ProTools completely and start again. The same issue occurs with ALL pop-up boxes. Like if I want to change my preferences, once the box is open I can’t do anything but hit enter on my keyboard and exit out.

I’ve tried to search around many websites for answers to this problem but have been unsuccessful. It might just be a compatibility problem that I’m not aware of. At the moment I’m at a standstill. Please help if you can. By the way, I’m using the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop...I am not using any USB devices other then the Mbox. Thanks!

Andy Loflin
Charlotte, NC
Old 07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mbox PT LE 6.7 problem: Unreceptive Courser

Have you tried the suggestions in the 'Setup and General Troubleshooting' thread at the top of this forum? If not, I would start there.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you should uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools.

Does this happen ONLY in Pro Tools, or have other apps exhibited this behavior?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Mbox PT LE 6.7 problem: Unreceptive Courser

I've considered reinstalling and will do that as a last resort. This problem only occurs in ProTools and no other programs. I'm still searching around for an answer on this site and others. Thanks for the help.