Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Tips for old PT user, new ProControl user please?

Hey everyone. I've been using Protools for about 4 years working totally in the box without a control surface.

I have access to a ProControl at the studio I'm working at and am trying to learn it in my free time.

I'm finding it difficult to learn since I'm so accumstomed to doing everything on the keyboard and mouse. So I figured I would ask some of you Procontrol guru's what areas or features of the PC do you find are critical to you and are worth learning, as well as features that you don't use and aren't worth wasting time with.

fyi - I am primarily doing mixing for music and post.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions!