Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM

Smile Good morning M-Audio people.

For some reason I've always bypassed this particular forum category. Since my equipment is in fact M-Audio, I'll be checking in regularly to see if I can pick up any helpful hints and additional knowledge that applys to my situation and equipment. My Interface is the Audiofile 2496 and PT's 9.0.0 upgrade. I record to PT's from a mixing console, which is a little bit of overkill, since I only use one mixer channel pre and aux. send. I return the signal playback to 2 other channel strips on the mixer in stereo for playback. You've probably sensed by now that I am a relative newbie. That's not really so. I'm an old guy, x-musician who's interest in recording started years ago with analog tape. I seemed to have missed basic computer 101 along the way so I've had some difficulty learning and applying what little I've learned so far. Some of you may have read some posts by me in other forum topics. If so, you'll know that I have had a mild stroke a few years back which seems to have somewhat impaired my ability to remember so cut me a little slack if I seem a bit slow. Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Good morning M-Audio people.

Terry, Hello and Merry Christmas. I have just purchased the M-Audio Fast track Pro, with PT-MP not sure what version thisis but, I am a newbie and have been trying to record and finally got one track for the test in a few messures. However when I am done and trying to hear the play back I get 0 sound what am I doing wrong?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Smile Re: Good morning M-Audio people.

skurkp. I am flattered that you would ask me for help since my understanding of digital recording at this point is, to say the least limited. The only answer I can offer would be to trace through your signal chain from original input to what ever playback device you may be using. If your like me, somewhere along the way you'll probably discover a knob that's been turned down or a switch that is in the wrong position. It happens to me a lot. Other than those types of interruptions in the signal chain I can offer little advice. Could be anything! Keep trying and I'm sure you'll find and correct the problem. Good luck.