Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Default Midi Controller Lane Automation Error (PT8)

Hi

I recorded a midi guitar track using RealStrat. I was quite happy with it but thought that a touch of mod wheel would improve it on a couple of the long notes.

I brought up the mod wheel automation lane and drew in a couple of curves (always returning the line to the off position).

Problem was that it seemed to turn the mod wheel on to the max for the entire track making my guitar track sound like a strangled chipmunk!

I removed the automation and played back the track as it was. The mod wheel was still on somehow. I selected the lane I had tried to automate and pressed delete just in case I had missed a bit previously but it would not be turned off.

After pressing the undo button a few thousand times I got it back to how it was.

Question is...am I missing something really obvious or is it a known issue? Any help would be appreciated.

By the way it is PT LE8 on Vista Home Premium. Everything else seems to be working well so far. Fingers crossed.

Paul