Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Default Registration problem and defective Pro Tools LE8 DVD

I can't figure out how to registrate my Eleven Rack. I have the serial number, part number and date code (from the sticker under the eleven rack) and also the booklet for the Pro Tools 8LE DVD with the DIGIxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx code as well as another code xxxx-xxxxx-xx Rev. A

Defective DVD:
I tried to (re)install Pro Tools today after a clean installation of my computer. Well, the DVD seems to be unreadable. Is there any way to download Pro Tools 8LE with all the Eleven Rack magic?

I don't have a registration card or just can't find it.

Any ideas? :)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Registration problem and defective Pro Tools LE8 DVD

You say you are re-loading Pro Tools? This makes it sound to me that you have had your Eleven Rack for awhile? Am I wrong about that?

If i am correct:

Are you certain you did not register your Eleven Rack when you originally got it? The Eleven Rack does not show up in your Avid account by the way, but Avid will know who it is registered to.

If you did not register before, what is the exact problem you are having? One thing to try is use Google Chrome as your browser when you register, there have been problems registering on the Avid site when using IE or Firefox in the past.

You can check your Avid account to see if you have PT LE8 download available there. If you do not, then you will have to call Avid and see if they will send you a link. You can also purchase a replacement PT LE8 DVD for $15 from the Avid store.

You also may try using the DVD on another PC, if it works on another PC, you may want to try updating the Firmware and/or Driver of your DVD player. Drivers and firmware can be found at the the website of your computer manufactures website (Dell, HP, ect...) or if you built your own computer, then you will check the website of the DVD manufacturer (Samsung, HP, ect...)

You could also try making an ISO image of this disk, then mount the image on your computer and load from that, you will need software that is capable of making and mounting ISO images

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 AM

Correct, I already have the eleven rack for about 1,5 years now, but I'm pretty sure I never registered anything except for the Expention pack which I downloaded (and I can see it under my products).

I'm trying to register at
http://www.avid.com/US/support/register/audio

but it seems I don't have any of the correct numbers...
I do use Google Chrome

About the dvd:
I don't have any downloads available, but then again I never registered anything

Calling Avid doesn't sound like an option, cause I can't find their number in the Netherlands. Isn't there a place where I can sent an email to?

I did try to make an ISO, but the disk is just to badly damaged. Is it an option to torrent Pro Tools LE8, because I do have a license :)
Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiLive View Post
Is it an option to torrent Pro Tools LE8, because I do have a license :)
That's what I did. Works fine, with license of course.
Didn't get the installer DVD to work on two new Win7 machines, so I figured the easiest way to solve it was the above.