Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 AM

Default BUG: automation doesnīt follow

Hi,

Iīve read this here before but couldnīt find the thread.

The other day this bug almost stopped our mix. I imported some tracks into a complex mix session and dragged the regions over to other tracks that had the identical plugin config.

When I dropped the clips PT gave me a "some parameters couldnīt be written" or something like that.

I checked all the automation playlists and they were all zeroed out. Nothing. Checked the imported tracks all automation there.

Checked if "automation follows edit" was on. It was. Tried cut/paste instead of drag/drop. Same result.

Then I realized that I had EQ3 as RTAS on the target track but TDM on the source track. So converted the source-track to RTAS and tried again. Same message, same result. No automation after copy.

Then a friend said that itīs known bug. The work-around is to move the EQ on the target-track to slot 2 and alt-drag the EQ from the source-track to the first slot of the target-track. Then do the copy-paste and then remove the plug from slot one of the target-track. This procedure worked.

My question is, if this is a common bug? It seems extremely scary to me. If I had all slot full on my target track I would have been screwed. The mix would have been stopped because there would have been no way to bring the automation over from one session into the other.

Has someone seen this?

thanks,

Frank.