Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-21-2019, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Avid S1...I am excited!

Yep not a big deal. It would be nice if you could daisy chain the power and ethernet etc. :) I think I will likely have 2 in the long run to pair with my dock. I have a artist mix in great shape that will hit the market once I get my hands on an S1 and decide if I want to keep it. Im getting impatient to try it. :)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
sjgam a few posts prior worded it to make it seem like they were. I wondered if he meant just tablets but I was curious if the actual units could run wirelessly.
Yeah just the tablets at AES show were wireless, not the S1 controllers.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:27 AM

Will the updated Protools control app work on multiple iPads without the S1? I just want the meter bridge across 16 channels on my artist mixes, for now, and I will upgrade to S1 in a couple of years after my daughter stops draining me for college.
iMac 4.2 GHZ Quad I7, 2-2TB SSD NVME, 64GB RAM / Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7Ghz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, UAD Apollo Quad Thunderbolt, UAD Apollo Twin Quad MKII, PT/LPX, 2 Avid Artist Mix/Transport, Kronos 2 88 / Microkey, Axiom 61, Komplete Kontrol MK2 61, Maschine MK3, Adam A7x, JBL LSR8/10 2.1, iLouds, Mogami cabling
Old 10-28-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmusik View Post
Will the updated Protools control app work on multiple iPads without the S1? I just want the meter bridge across 16 channels on my artist mixes, for now, and I will upgrade to S1 in a couple of years after my daughter stops draining me for college.
No updated meters bridge is for S1 only, not Artist Mix or S3.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes the new App is designed to scale properly and should look great on that screen size but be aware that tablet is 2 cm wider than the S1 so if you want multiplies or a Dock next to it it wont fit. The 10.1/10.5 widescreen Samsung's etc. (Even the Amazon Fire HD 10) look pretty good and although they don't line up track for track its not that big of an issue...(S6's screens doesn't line up either and isn't an issue I ever hear about)
So is the 12.9" iPad Pro the only large tablet that will correctly line up with the S1's faders?

Any pics of a cheaper tablet with S1?
Old 12-22-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
So is the 12.9" iPad Pro the only large tablet that will correctly line up with the S1's faders?

Any pics of a cheaper tablet with S1?
I see some 12-12.5" Android tablets on Amazon for under $200, but nobody really knows if they will perform well(until someone actually tries the combo)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-01-2020, 11:34 PM

I also really wish the tablet holder was detachable. Surely a piece of detachable plastic wouldn't have elevated costs too much. Personally I don't have the room in front of me for the depth of the S1 let alone an iPad which further increases the footprint.

Also the cost of two S1's and two iPad Pro's 12.9" is far too expensive to get the full experience for a 16 fader setup.

Still seems like picking up some second hand Artist Mix's is still my best bet which is a little disappointing.