Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-29-2009, 04:29 PM

Default Fade files getting copied outside of main folder

Hi,

I've been recording b/w two different studios, and recently when I've been tracking, the fade files I'll see have been getting copied outside the main folder. They always go to the same destination drive, but if I'm recording Song X within say a folder called "Album Songs", next time I open my drive, I'll see another folder for Song X just sitting outside the main folder of "Album Songs" with a "Fade Files" folder inside it and fade files inside of there. What and Why is this happening and how can I prevent it? My destination setting always seems to be correct, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Fade files getting copied outside of main folder

Check your disk allocation in the setup menu. Set all track to default to the same folder, then go to your session browser (option-o) and do a "copy and relink" of all files not in the correct folder.

That's what append when the session move from one disk to another. You were lucky that your audio files were not on another disk in another studio.

JC