Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 06:39 PM

Default Digi Manual

Even though my digi factory was $1100 it only has a PDF owners manual. To me that seems a bit weak. I was upset to find a nice card inside that said I could purchase a manual for $50.00. All the other expensive stuff I've ever bought came with a manual. That getting started manual is just not adequate, especially for the sophistication of this program. Trying to read the PDF files isn't that easy and personally I enjoy sitting in bed and reading a new manual. I just don't like using Acrobat Reader. I started to print the Digi Manual and saw that it would be 600+ pages..... Whine, whine .....

So I just wondered what the DUC's thoughts are about no manual?

Also, I wondered if there were any suggestions on what manual or guide to purchase. $50 bucks is $50 bucks and I'm not the charming Mary from Canoga Park.....

Thanks for you thoughts [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2002, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Digi Manual

You weren't the one stuck to seat 41 on Fido 7?
Yeah, we went around this mulberry bush quite a bit last February. I really wish they'd've included a hard copy with my system... For what it's worth, Sonic Foundry also sells their manuals as extras. The price they're charging comes out to be way less than you'd spend buying a binder and pageholders and having Kinko's print out the *pdf files.
The 5.1 manual is actually $35 which ain't really bad- Manual page
Old 05-28-2002, 07:23 PM

The manual's well worth the $50. You might try taking the PDF to a local printer and price a hard copy might be a little less. Also, I only paid $35 for mine.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:28 PM

Order the Digi DVD promo. Ya know, the one where they record the sample song that came with your Digi. It's a great manual. Everything else is just details. I use that DVD for all kinds of referance.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:37 PM

I just ordered the manual and with tax, shipping, etc, it was only $37.10.

I agree that the DVDs are great, but I like to have a solid book in front of me (plus, I can read it at the gym while I'm on the treadmill [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 05-28-2002, 10:00 PM

The flyer in the Digi Factory box says the manual is $50.00 USD. I like the web site price of $35.00 better. I'll be ordering it.

DIGI: Why oh why don't you include the manual with your systems????????? Are the profit margins that small? I think not.... It just doesn't seem right to charge for it. I just can't think of another product that doesn't include a manual.... especially one that is this expensive. (Don't get me wrong, I love my DIGI so far..OK!)

So I'll just take my telefunken U-47, with leather, and head off to bed. (With no manual to read) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2002, 01:15 AM

The really smart people don't need the manual. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 03:30 AM

I bought an 5.01 long ago.
It did came with manual.
Bought 001 now and got this funny 50$ note [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Seems digi think they can get more without the printing price.

Also I think now they've made 2 different manuals.
the 5.01 manual is LE+TDM information and I think the new one is only LE... too bad [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 04:41 AM

I also think the manual should be IN the price of the Digi001, but it doesn't.
So I printed it out. Gjeez, a lot of paper [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
I was lucky the counter who counts the number of printed pages at my school was broke (what a shame [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). The printed version is easier to read when it's sunny outside [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Hopefully the new PT for XP hasn't got a complete new manual [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] , what a waste of paper that would be [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Thumbs up for David in the meanwhile (toytoytoy).
(Maybe he's just trying to fit the manual in the little Digi001 box for the past months [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 05-29-2002, 05:47 AM

so would you rather pay $850 for a digi 001 (or $1150 for the factory) with a printed manual included, or pay $800 (or $1100) with the pdf manual included and have the option to buy the printed manual? i like option #2.