Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Question Problem with "Timeline Insertion Follows Playback"

Hi Everyone !
I'm puzzled. For years I've been editing in PT sessions with "Timeline Insertion Follows Playback" un-checked.That's how I work for most of the time. I want "transport" to always go back to the previous location... That's in Pro Tools LE 7.x>Preferences>Operation. For some unexplained reason after some time ( after editing for an hour, sometimes for two hours etc. It's random) all of the sudden PT transport starts to behave like that option has been checked out ! It "advances" by itself...To my surprise when I look again into Preferences>Operation window, that option is checked out !!! So, somehow for some unexplained reason PT does that BY ITSELF !!!! I've encountered this problem for years with different versions of PT ( currently 7.1-too scared to upgrade to 7.4 !). It seriously interrupts my work flow, and I have to constantly go back to Preferences to fix it. AM I MISSING SOMETHING ? Did anyone had that problem before ? Sincerely,
Chris7514
Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Problem with "Timeline Insertion Follows Playback"

That option is toggled by hitting the "N" key, which is right above the spacebar. It's not uncommon to accidentally hit the "N" key when in the flow of working and repeatedly hitting the spacebar for playback/stop, so that might be what's happening to you. Next time it happens, just hit "N" again and you should be back to normal.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Thanks so much for a hint ! I had no idea, about this option, that hitting "N" will toggle transport behavior in Preferences... I will be careful from now on.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 AM

Aha...that has happened to me as well. I never thought it was a bug, I always figured I "bumped" some key toggle....now I know what that toggle key is...

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.