Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-14-2000, 09:07 AM

Default StudioVisionPro / ProTools

Quick question -

We've got some basic loops and little recorded audio stuff assembled along with a sequence in Studio Vision Pro. The sequences are to stay, as they will get more editing inside SVP. How can I get the "edl" for all the audio tracks out to ProTools?

Thanks.

-adam
Old 02-14-2000, 10:59 AM
Avid

Default Re: StudioVisionPro / ProTools

Adam,

The easiest way is to bounce each track with all its edits from bar 1 to the end. Do this for all the tracks. Then you can import the newely bounced audio files into pro tools and place them all at bar 1. You can also give pro tools the same SMPTE start time as well as BPM that you have in the SVP session.
I know it can be a little time consuming and takes up extra disk space but it will work.

B Carter
Digidesign
Old 02-14-2000, 08:37 PM

Default Re: StudioVisionPro / ProTools

Adam,

B is right on here; additionally, you can import the MIDI file from SVP into ProTools. This would give you a grid if your meter or tempo changes, and you could play the MIDI from PT (but not edit it, unless you have PT5). If you're using SampleCell TDM, this is especially nice.

I'm finding I do this more and more, as mixing in PT is a lot more musical and intuitive. It is time-consuming, though. Maybe later revs of PT5 will get rid of these problems (I pray...)

Jamshied