Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 06-08-2016, 05:22 AM

Default Blocked Plugin (not Flash) PT SE 8.0.3 - Halp!

Tried all the tips on the forum so far. No luck, going into the studio this weekend to record my band's first full-length and need access to my PT SE (I do all my songwriting there) to mix pre-production demos.

I re-installed Flash.
I re-installed ProTools SE 8.0.3
Performed all the upgrades (1,2, 3)
I restarted (many times).
Backed up necessary files to an external drive.

I have Mac OSX 10.10.5 (didn't upgrade to ElCap)

Everytime I launch PT SE, it starts loading all the plugins, but then stops and I get the Blocked Plugin white screen and I have to force quit.

So frustrated... Please help if you can!

TIA!!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Blocked Plugin (not Flash) PT SE 8.0.3 - Halp!

Pro Tools SE 8 has long been discontinued and is abandonware. I would be very surprised if it runs on OS X 10.10. Very few if any people on this forum will be running it. And I have no idea what Adobe Flash has to do with anything here.

When did this last work for you and what did you change? Your best bet would be undoing that/going back to backups etc. if you want to run Pro Tools on a modern OS X release you should likely be on Pro Tools 12. But read up on issues with the current Pro Tools 12.5 release.

If you are about to go into a studio then you really need to follow the old rule about not touching/upgrading stuff that is working. If you do not have a older Mac or backup you can roll back to or days of free time to sort this all out then I would seriously think about cancelling the studio time and getting your stuff sorted out.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Blocked Plugin (not Flash) PT SE 8.0.3 - Halp!

FWIW,

Reinstalling PT 8.0.3 and the 3 patches did not work.

Uninstalling the latest FP and then installing the archived version (18) from their archive site worked.

BUT ONLY FOR ONE DAY!

When I tried to relaunch the app, it gave me same Blocked Plug-In (which many people have reported what causes the GUI Quick Start screen to show blank or the message 'BLocked Plugin')