Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 07-06-2019, 07:47 AM

Default advanced audio editing ?

Hello everyone

I do have PT11 native and PT2018 Ultimate and I'm thinking maybe sell ultimate then upgrade 11 to 2019 . But after I take a look at comparison...what's the " Advanced audio editing " ?
Advanced automation and multi video track it's fine for me...I think I could find a way to solve it out. But advanced audio editing ??? what function is in the menu ??

Thanks
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Default Re: advanced audio editing ?

You probably need to read the reference manual 1450+ pages. it points out throughout what under (Ultimate Only) tags that would include advanced audio features.... Im not sure where you read that statement but only assume it may have been some comparison between Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-13-2019, 10:07 AM

Thanks Rob. I can search by "Ultimate Only" in reference manual. Everything on the search list won't show up in Standard version.
There are too many I don't need ...but a few function is necessary.......just a few.......
Old 07-13-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgard1019 View Post
Thanks Rob. I can search by "Ultimate Only" in reference manual. Everything on the search list won't show up in Standard version.
There are too many I don't need ...but a few function is necessary.......just a few.......
That’s probably the best way to do it. Usually the ultimate features are located towards the back of each section and there are a lot of them spread out through the ref manual. Not sure if you have seen this but You can find a compare list on Avid’s website that lists the difference between the versions here.....

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison
Old 07-14-2019, 02:05 AM

Yes I had seen the comparison list and that's why I post this to ask what is "Advanced audio editing". It just show three word on compare list.

https://i.imgur.com/wCfVifD.jpg

The only few function on Ultimate I would need are multi video track and advanced automation. Maybe I should email to support.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgard1019 View Post
Yes I had seen the comparison list and that's why I post this to ask what is "Advanced audio editing". It just show three word on compare list.

https://i.imgur.com/wCfVifD.jpg

The only few function on Ultimate I would need are multi video track and advanced automation. Maybe I should email to support.
Perhaps they are referring to surround sound and the editing tools involved with that. I don’t use Ultimate as I don’t need that level of tools set to do what I do as I only do musicians and bands when our studio grows to the point that I do we will look at it then. But for now Pro Tools is more than able to meet our needs. I was at one time thinking of upgrading to Ultimate to get the use of their HEAT plug which does interest me, but they have just recently released that plug to Pro Tools so prolly no need in the near future.

However what you think might be advance editing tools and what Avid say may be quite different and probably more to do with what it offers in Pro Tools to what is offers in Pro Tools Ultimate.