Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 AM

Default Re: New Plug-in Bundles for Pro Tools 12.2

Just take a look at Avid's declining Stock and you'll see where the best place to express your feelings is...

This company is destined to bust....they are so far behind the times it's not even funny...

Their roll outs are "long drawn out processes" while EVERYONE else in the industry is giving "Monthly" updates and added features and lot's of other incentives...we can't even get a few plugins???

The days when Avid was the "Industry Standard" are soon to be over if they don't get their act together...that much is CERTAIN...and their ever decreasing stock price and user base is the proof...as people get tired of the "same old song and dance"

There is a PARADIGM shift that is going to take place due to their ineptitude...
Old 09-24-2015, 06:23 AM

the plugins have arrived! i like the stompboxes a lot!
Old 09-24-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Saying that early adopters were penalized is a bit strong..

Avid specifically said if you are a HD user then WAIT until the end of 2015 to upgrade and see if you think the new additional features will be worth it. No one had to upgrade and this was stated soo many times I lost count
This is not "My Opinion" as you just stated. You're stating fact and your comment is NOT what Avid ever said. They said you may wait to the end of 2015 with no penalty.

I have defended Avid for questionable issues for 13 years. But this time they did it wrong. In my business, preference always goes to those who pay first. Not last.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-24-2015, 08:40 AM

Default FUI-Additional Value Content....software√

"Additional Value Content included with your software"

Now showing in Avid account.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 AM

Anyway.....Back on track....
Newly bundled plug-ins now in account.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:53 AM

The staggered rollout of both 11.3.2 and the Plug-In bundles, along with their inability to deliver on features that they continue to flaunt in marketing have really showed (at least to me) that Avid is no longer in any position to consider themselves a leader in technology. Their lack of communication in all of this is appalling.

I too have been a supporter of Avid and ProTools, but these issues are keeping me from any purchase/upgrade. Their stock dive rightfully reflects the way they are running their business and treating their customers.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Followup to this post from last week...

We are about half way through processing of these. Once completed you will find the downloads included at the bottom of your eligible product in your Avid account > My Products and Subscriptions as well as in Application Manager. You'll also see licenses like Eleven and Pro Tools Plan in your iLok account (FYI- Eleven Effects do not use iLok licenses).

Thanks again for your patience while we complete these.

JC
We have now completed this processing. We hope you enjoy using these plug-ins!

Note that there was a very small amount of failures in processing so we are following up directly with affected customers to resolve. If you are missing the plug-ins we apologize and ask that if you have not heard from us by tomorrow to please start a support case (since we need personal details that should not be in a public thread) so that we can solve this.
  1. Sign in to your Avid Account
  2. Click Access the Support Center
  3. Click Equipment
  4. Click Start A Case
JC
Closed Thread