Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111  
Old 03-27-2016, 05:56 AM
Marco Bernardo's Avatar
Marco Bernardo Marco Bernardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 782
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Marco,

I see you used a tripple click command with cliclick. I tried the same a few weeks ago when working on a Pitch 'n Time Pro batch processing script, tripple click did not work. I had to use a double click followed by a single click.

Is tripple click working flawlessly for you?
hmmI forgot about that, yes it didn't work, that's why I put a key code 0 after (cmd + a - > select all)
As it was resolved I never thought why it didn't work.

but let me try again. just to confirm it 100%
__________________
Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 AM
Marco Bernardo's Avatar
Marco Bernardo Marco Bernardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 782
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Marco,

I see you used a tripple click command with cliclick. I tried the same a few weeks ago when working on a Pitch 'n Time Pro batch processing script, tripple click did not work. I had to use a double click followed by a single click.

Is tripple click working flawlessly for you?

And thanks for the video, a great demo.
Error confirmed, the TC (triple click) didn't work. but that trick putting a click after worked flawlessly, I used first the select all command (cmd + a ).

Code:
my cliClick("tc:" & xPosition + (xSize div 2) & "," & yPosition + (ySize div 2) & " c:" & xPosition + (xSize div 2) & "," & yPosition + (ySize div 2))
Thanks :)
__________________
Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 03-27-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Alright, its propably a bug then.

I'd use this,

Code:
my cliClick("dc:" & xPosition + (xSize div 2) & "," & yPosition + (ySize div 2) & " c:" & xPosition + (xSize div 2) & "," & yPosition + (ySize div 2))

a double click followed by a single click, just in case the bug gets fixed one day. ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Just a heads up:

Pro Tools 12.5 caused some of my scripts to break. Updates will be up in a couple of days.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Marco Bernardo's Avatar
Marco Bernardo Marco Bernardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 782
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Just a heads up:

Pro Tools 12.5 caused some of my scripts to break. Updates will be up in a couple of days.
It seems that they have changed the window from Save Copy In.. to the same name
Before 12.5
Code:
window "Save Session Copy"
version 12.5
Code:
window "Save Copy In..."
And it seems that delay with cliclick app as gone
__________________
Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-29-2016, 02:58 AM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
It seems that they have changed the window from Save Copy In.. to the same name
Before 12.5
Code:
window "Save Session Copy"
version 12.5
Code:
window "Save Copy In..."
Yep.

Quote:
And it seems that delay with cliclick app as gone
Not gone really but much better as with 12.4. However the delays are not caused by cliclick, I am not even using cliclick for those scripts that interact with the "Save Copy In..." window.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 2


What’s new in Update 2 (03/2016)
  • All scripts are now compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • Support for Pro Tools 12.5 has been added
  • Support for Default Folder X version 5 has been added
  • The Save Session Copy scripts were enhanced so that the prefix "Copy of "
    will be removed from the session copy name, a feature that previously only existed in personal versions of the scripts

Fixes
  • Added two checks to the Process & Close AudioSuite launcher scripts:

    The first one closes another AudioSuite window if there is one left open.
    This was necessary because those scripts hang if the user lets another AudioSuite window open prior to invoking one of these scripts.

    The second one determines if audio is selected. This check is handled by Pro Tools itself but the Process & Close scripts open the AudioSuite
    plug-in and attempt to process nevertheless. Thus those scripts needed their own check.


Download Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 2


Make sure to delete the older scripts from Vol. 1 - Update 1 prior to installing this Vol. 1 - Update 2 package or use the following Uninstall app or Uninstall script:

Uninstall app: Download Uninstall Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 1 app

Uninstall script: Download Uninstall Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 1 script

Last edited by Oliver M; 04-02-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added download link for uninstall app & script for Vol. 1 - Update 1
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Marco Bernardo's Avatar
Marco Bernardo Marco Bernardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 782
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 2


What’s new in Update 2 (03/2016)
  • All scripts are now compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • Support for Pro Tools 12.5 has been added
  • Support for Default Folder X version 5 has been added
  • The Save Session Copy scripts were enhanced so that the prefix "Copy of "
    will be removed from the session copy name, a feature that previously only existed in personal versions of the scripts

Fixes
  • Added two checks to the Process & Close AudioSuite launcher scripts:

    The first one closes another AudioSuite window if there is one left open.
    This was necessary because those scripts hang if the user lets another AudioSuite window open prior to invoking one of these scripts.

    The second one determines if audio is selected. This check is handled by Pro Tools itself but the Process & Close scripts open the AudioSuite
    plug-in and attempt to process nevertheless. Thus those scripts needed their own check.


Download Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 2
Nice one, thank you Oliver.

ps: great the "Copy of" prefix was removed :) Nice
__________________
Marco Bernardo

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Glad you like the changes Marco.

To all:
I forgot to mention that you need to delete older script files prior to installing these updates. I am working on an uninstall script but I didn't want to hold back the release of this update only because the uninstall script is not ready yet. ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-31-2016, 12:11 PM
Oliver M Oliver M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Europe
Posts: 968
Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

I added the download link for the uninstall app & script for Vol. 1 - Update 1 to the post above (#117).
It uninstalls the Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 1 - Update 1 package and moves the files to the trash.

Last edited by Oliver M; 03-31-2016 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added additional info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Tools 12 Trim Automation bleu@cheerful.com Pro Tools 12 2 08-16-2015 05:25 AM
Pro Tools 11.2.1 Automation Bug?! Gneal550 Pro Tools 11 1 11-22-2014 02:15 PM
GRM tools automation bug? D'Animation Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 6 10-08-2014 09:21 AM
scripting Pro Tools; automation Bermaster 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 12 10-01-2004 01:38 PM
AppleScripts and other Macros for PT Bergeron Tips & Tricks 1 11-15-1999 07:55 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com